Chiesa vs magny thoughts?

Just hope it’s a good fight. I like Chiesa’s fight style so I expect it to be good. Other than that, I don’t really care.

Chiesa is more skilled on the ground but can he hold the bigger Magny down. Magny has a huge advantage on feet

As literally the only chiesa fan on this forum I am 100% rooting for him and I think he will win. Its not going to be easy for either guy. Chiesa is going to show superior grappling at some point and sub magny.

As literally the only chiesa fan on this forum I am 100% rooting for him and I think he will win. Its not going to be easy for either guy. Chiesa is going to show superior grappling at some point and sub magny.
I think as long as he bull rushes right into a bear hug ...I also think chiesa can easily get this fight to the ground .

I'm kinda hoping he gasses out hard ala the pettis fight ....he was completely done 4 minutes in , even though he dominated the first 4 minutes ....then he got finished .

But lee isn't a common opponents , so I don't get it .

Lee could possible outgrapple magny too. ...so I don't get your logic
Lee beating Chiesa but losing to RDA was just an example of comparing performances which is what OP is doing. Just an example of why MMAth typically doesn't work.

Chiesa should take this handily imo,

Who wins this fight ?

At first thought , I picked magny easily .....but comparing their last fights chiesas win over rda is better then magnys over lawler , IMO.

Chiesa dominated RDA , while magny got tapped easily by RDA a few fights ago .

I have a big parlay paying 7-1 with this fight my only concern .....I could use some opinions and reassuring .

My parlay that pays 7-1 is :
Dustin conner not to go distance
Hawes vs imavov not to go distance
Hooker over chandler
Ribas over rodrigues
Magny over chiesa

Risking 250 for 1750....and feeling confident in everything other then magny....

Chandler beats Hooker easily.
Dustin beats Conor, i know it sounds crazy but it will happen.
I agree with you on the rest

Love Chiesas chances in a 3 rounder not sure about 5 tho. I think he dominates on the mat maybe subs Magny

Magny takes it easy. Underrated grappling and excellent striker.

Chiesa is the less dominant 2md coming of Fitch. I hope Magny puts him to sleep

It's a coin flip, I can't make a call and it bothers me. Only thing I'd bet is fight goes over 1.5 rounds, the odds won't be great straight up but I'd add it to a parlay with full confidence

Magny should take this fight. Chiesa has horrible striking. Magny has the size and strength to fend off takedowns, or at least stand back up. Magny also has the fight IQ to know he can win this by staying outside. He won't try to "test his grappling" or anything stupid.

Magny is skilled, but susceptible to takedowns.
Chiesa is on a roll at WW and has one of the best grappling there.
Chiesa by sub, imo.

Chandler beats Hooker easily.
Dustin beats Conor, i know it sounds crazy but it will happen.
I agree with you on the rest

Dustin can beat connor and I can still win ....I bet it doesn't go the distance

Chandler i doubt beats hooker ...he has bad gas tank and bad chin ....he hits hard as hell but hooker has iron chin .Hooker won't be taken down ....hooker will hurt chandler IMO .

Just a heads up. This card will start at 9am eastern with the prelims and the main card will start at 12 noon eastern. The whole card is on ESPN+

I know people consider both of these guys boring fighters/LnP artists, but I expect some pretty neat wrestling scrambles and grappling exchanges out of this fight. Magny's fight with Lawler had some cool ones, but Lawler is shopworn and was never the most elite MMA wrestler & submission grappler to begin with.

Chiesa on the other hand is far more crafty on the mat and has looked far more defensively sound at 170 than he was at 155. He submitted Condit, dominated Sanchez, and also grapplefucked RDA in a fight a lot of people (myself included) expected him to lose. Neil has looked somewhat improved ever since his layoff as well, both on the feet and in the grappling department.

I don't think this will be a barn burner by any means, but I think it will have some interesting, technical exchanges amidst the boredom.

Back