Chiesa vs magny thoughts?

Jinx_AA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who wins this fight ?

At first thought , I picked magny easily .....but comparing their last fights chiesas win over rda is better then magnys over lawler , IMO.

Chiesa dominated RDA , while magny got tapped easily by RDA a few fights ago .

I have a big parlay paying 7-1 with this fight my only concern .....I could use some opinions and reassuring .

My parlay that pays 7-1 is :
Dustin conner not to go distance
Hawes vs imavov not to go distance
Hooker over chandler
Ribas over rodrigues
Magny over chiesa

Risking 250 for 1750....and feeling confident in everything other then magny....

Have a very weird inclination to this one going to split decision, just can't decide who the winner will be

Should be a good fight. Hard to say how it goes but I will go with Neil.

Magny is a big guy and I don't think Chiesa will be able to use his grappling to his advantage as much as in his last couple fights

It’s two middle of the pack point fighters battling for official title of gatekeeper.

I think Magny is probably gonna edge this one out by pinning Chiesa against the cage... regardless this is a low quality main event. Neither of these guys belong in title contention.

<{titihmm}>

I like Chiesa to take Magny down if it gets to the clinch, then out-grapple him. Magny should be better at range but he has to keep it on the feet imo.

It’s two middle of the pack point fighters battling for official title of gatekeeper.

I agree 2 guys that I find generally boring ...and agree terrible main event .

Magny should hold clear advantage on the feet and in cardio ...but magny has bad takedown defense ....makes me think chiesa will blanket him ?

I think Magny is probably gonna edge this one out by pinning Chiesa against the cage... regardless this is a low quality main event. Neither of these guys belong in title contention.

<{titihmm}>

Not the same RDA it's been 3 years since the Magny fight

Rda just recently dominated felder .... He's not a has been , RDA still a very good fighter IMO

That said , are you picking chiesa or magny ?

Rda just recently dominated felder .... He's not a has been , RDA still a very good fighter IMO

That said , are you picking chiesa or magny ?
I think both are just as good/mediocre as the other.

It's a pretty even fight near 50/50 imo.
If I had to pick I would pick Chiesa but not by far

Who wins this fight ?

At first thought , I picked magny easily .....but comparing their last fights chiesas win over rda is better then magnys over lawler , IMO.

Chiesa dominated RDA , while magny got tapped easily by RDA a few fights ago .

I have a big parlay paying 7-1 with this fight my only concern .....I could use some opinions and reassuring .

My parlay that pays 7-1 is :
Dustin conner not to go distance
Hawes vs imavov not to go distance
Hooker over chandler
Ribas over rodrigues
Magny over chiesa

Risking 250 for 1750....and feeling confident in everything other then magny....
Magny decision or Chiesa by sub. I think it'll be a fun fight

I think Chiesa could easily win but for some reason I feel like Magny wins via RD 3 TKO.

I've never been too high on either guy, especially Chiesa I thought was way overvalued but then he beat RDA. Magny has also been way more impressive in his comeback.

So I'd favor Magny, and hopefully it's exciting.
This is a great card though.

magny out works him
Magny has horrendous takedown defense though ....he gets taken down by anyone who tries to take him down .

So will chiesa just blanket him ? Or will chiesa gas out ....those are the only 2 scenarios IMO

Magny has horrendous takedown defense though ....he gets taken down by anyone who tries to take him down .

So will chiesa just blanket him ? Or will chiesa gas out ....those are the only 2 scenarios IMO
Imo Chiesa has a better chance winning via sub than via decision. He dosnt have to be fully gassed for magny to takeover. magny is a bit bigger and better then when maia and rda exploited him. not to mention mikes striking leaves alot to be desired. idk im quite confident in this fight going to mangy. im not a regular gambler tho so im not betting.

Back