chicken v turkey.. seriously

Rager Ivan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have searched here n google. Ive tried several nutritional comparison sites and other sources and get bloody conflicting information. Its easy to say variety is key.. but if one has a wider and evenly distributed range of amino acids then IT is superior. I cant get any straight info on this though. Thanks!

Eat any of it.

BTW chicken has a biovalue rating of 80 while beef has just 70, how come beef seems more popular around here ?

turkey has tryptophan in it so I suggest not eating right before an intense workout.

Eat any, they're both good for your health, you're not bodybuilding.

if one has a wider and evenly distributed range of amino acids then IT is superior.

good luck proving that.

there's theory and then there's practice. in practice they're both domesticated birds bred to grow fast and die quickly. eat up

turkey has tryptophan in it so I suggest not eating right before an intense workout.

The WHFoods.com links above actually show that there is a bit more Typtophan in chicken than there is in turkey, so nope...

What little I've seen in the turkey making you sleepy myth suggest it has more to do with the excessive carbohydrate intake of Thanksgiving, rather than the turkey itself.

Deepfried turkey > anything. This is all the information you need to make an informed decision about turkey vs. chicken.

What little I've seen in the turkey making you sleepy myth suggest it has more to do with the excessive carbohydrate intake of Thanksgiving, rather than the turkey itself.

Yeah...people, including the news media, always attribute it to tryptophan lol...an ounce of turkey (about 30g) has under 100mg of tryptophan. A scoop of whey protein (about 30g) has over over 400mg of tryptophan.

Example #328 of how stupid long-standing conventional wisdom can really be.

Eat any, they're both good for your health, you're not bodybuilding.

Even if you are Bodybuilding, Turkey and Chicken are pretty good meal choices because of the high protein both meats have.

don't forget the booze

That plus most people overeat + drink alchohol all of which are factors.

Weird thing is I can't eat much poulty (even know when I dive into a shit ton of red meat now) after going Veg-lacto-ovo for a few years.

Body hates it, gets sick.

Fish and red meat ftw.

Time spent nitpicking around at two of the greatest sources of lean protein commonly available is time not spent in the gym pounding ass on the power rack, treadmill, etc. Oblivian said it best "have a dose of man da fuck up."

Whichever is on sale? I like ground turkey breast for burgers, and chicken thigh for most poultry dishes.

Time spent nitpicking around at two of the greatest sources of lean protein commonly available is time not spent in the gym pounding ass on the power rack, treadmill, etc. Oblivian said it best "have a dose of man da fuck up."

pounding ass?

Back