Chicken Stir Fry

Inabox

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I know some of you have asked for certain things and I am paying attention but some of these videos are shot weeks in advance.
This week I made a fresh chicken stir fry video. This video is as much about timing out cooking ingredients with different cook times in the same wok as it is about just making aswome stir fry.
Please tell me below what you like to put in your stir fries? If you just use frozen one, pre cut blends, or all from scratch?

Only put Carots, green Pepper and Onions in mine.

Make stir fry for basically all my lunches at work.

IMG_20190207_085008.jpg

I go to a Chinese resultant and say I want the chicken stir fried

Boom.

You’re welcome.

I will watch this when I get home.

Did you cut your veg on a mandolin?
31ZnFeeL7NL._SX300_QL70_.jpg

Looks tasty.

2rCakLy.gif

Hello everyone
I know some of you have asked for certain things and I am paying attention but some of these videos are shot weeks in advance.
This week I made a fresh chicken stir fry video. This video is as much about timing out cooking ingredients with different cook times in the same wok as it is about just making aswome stir fry.
Please tell me below what you like to put in your stir fries? If you just use frozen one, pre cut blends, or all from scratch?

My two main suggestions are this to you.... One,the vegetables don’t need to cook for that long, they will get soggy and cook out lots of the nutrients out of the veggies..and two, and It’s a big one, never ever use that bullshit lemon juice in a bottle... buy a lemon and use the real juice, there’s no substitute for that... bottled Lemon juice is vile!!! Not just spewing out the ass either, I’ve been a chef for over 20 years and ran some of the most successful kitchens/ bars in the city

My two main suggestions are this to you.... One,the vegetables don’t need to cook for that long, they will get soggy and cook out lots of the nutrients out of the veggies..and two, and It’s a big one, never ever use that bullshit lemon juice in a bottle... buy a lemon and use the real juice, there’s no substitute for that... bottled Lemon juice is vile!!! Not just spewing out the ass either, I’ve been a chef for over 20 years and ran some of the most successful kitchens/ bars in the city

Agreed.

The way I make it, and the way I've seen every actual Chinese or Asian chef make it, is by putting the protein in first. It's the most dense of all the ingredients so it makes sense to put it in first. You should try to get some sear on it as well.

Also, stir fry is supposed to be a super fast dish with the biggest burner on the highest setting. In fact, I've even heard that a "true" stir fry is almost impossible to make at home because domestic stoves are too weak. Ideally, the burner has to resemble a jet engine almost.

Agreed.

The way I make it, and the way I've seen every actual Chinese or Asian chef make it, is by putting the protein in first. It's the most dense of all the ingredients so it makes sense to put it in first. You should try to get some sear on it as well.

Also, stir fry is supposed to be a super fast dish with the biggest burner on the highest setting. In fact, I've even heard that a "true" stir fry is almost impossible to make at home because domestic stoves are too weak. Ideally, the burner has to resemble a jet engine almost.
Yes I have seen wok burners there over 100 000btu but this is about as close as your getting at home

Agreed.

You are correct!! Not even a home has range can replicate the btu’s That a true gas powered restaurant wok can... the closet you can get to it at home, is to use your turkey fryer and put your wok on it and go to work.... protein first, takes the longest to cook for sure

Back