Chicken or Steak? And what about ground beef?

What kind of oil you use for cooking steak? I used to use olive but switched to canola since olive oil burns fast. I also add some butter in towards the end. I was thinking of using either grapeseed oil or avocado oil

Stop using seed/vegetables oils. Like Robo said, full of Omega-6s and they use a shit ton of heat to process them. And since the polyunsaturated fats in them oxidize super quick under heat they're just going to drive inflammation even further.

Avocado oil, ghee, and tallow can withstand higher heat without oxidizing too much.

No time unfortunately. Whenever I'm not at work I'm either working out or studying.

Tragedy is I actually love to cook, and am quite good at it.
No time???
I can meal prep on a sunday for an hr and its enough food for the week
Saying u have no time is an excuse for poor time management imo

First of all and somewhat unrelated, McDonalds has some of the highest food standards for meat from suppliers. I know for sure that the Chicken is turned into their products at the processing plant where the birds are culled, de-boned and de-feathered. They take the highest quality chicken off the line and it becomes 'McDonalds', the next level down is shipped as Grade 'A'. That's not a joke.

The ground meat at your local grocery store is probably some of the worst meat you can buy. It's a mish-mash of left over meats that have likely expired and are ground together.

Back to your question: for metabolic disorder and NASH (liver fat with inflammation) it seems like protein quantity and high temperature cooking are the problem. So grass fed beef eaten in high quantity and seared (that means grill marks) is the same as regular store bought meat.

Question? Ive read most of the posts in thread (not claiming to understand terminology). You seem to be speaking from a stance of overall health and longevity.....if im more concerned with immediate athletic performance(and not thinking about kidney function a year from now) does it change anything?

Question? Ive read most of the posts in thread (not claiming to understand terminology). You seem to be speaking from a stance of overall health and longevity.....if im more concerned with immediate athletic performance(and not thinking about kidney function a year from now) does it change anything?

You will not see a short term benefit from an all meat diet and the long term implications are bad. At best it just cuts carbs/sugars and lowers caloric intake --- assuming you don't eat ungodly amounts of fatty meats.

You will not see a short term benefit from an all meat diet and the long term implications are bad. At best it just cuts carbs/sugars and lowers caloric intake --- assuming you don't eat ungodly amounts of fatty meats.
False. You're spouting bs again. Check out my 'autoimmune protocol diet' thread. 5 doctors couldn't help me. Aip was the only thing that worked

View attachment 717367

No time unfortunately. Whenever I'm not at work I'm either working out or studying.

Tragedy is I actually love to cook, and am quite good at it.
Do what I do, pick a day like Sunday and do it for the whole week. I actually meal prep for the entire month. Just make a list of meals you want to eat, go shopping and cook it. If you do it for the month you'll need to freeze everything, obviously. Trust me, it will save you a lot of time, money and you'll feel healthier.

Do what I do, pick a day like Sunday and do it for the whole week. I actually meal prep for the entire month. Just make a list of meals you want to eat, go shopping and cook it. If you do it for the month you'll need to freeze everything, obviously. Trust me, it will save you a lot of time, money and you'll feel healthier.

Lol at not enough time. If it’s important to you, you’ll make time.

Lunches for me used to be the toughest meal to eat healthily... since I’m at work.

Making my lunches for the week on Sunday changed everything for me. I grill up 2+ lbs of chicken and cut up veggies... then eat salads everyday for lunch. Takes me 30-40 min on Sunday and cost around $20.

May sound boring, but I love having a healthy lunch that fills me up everyday. Never go hungry and I’ve lost 60+ lbs and put on a ton of muscle after moving my gym time to 5am and working out every day.

Y’all would laugh at my before/after pics. The before pics... yikes. Not proud I let myself go that bad

I like the air fryer or grill for steaks. If you use oil, avocado oil is better at high heat and I too like a little butter with my steak.

Canola oil has a lot of omega 6 fats that increase inflammation.
What about peanut oil? I use olive oil for salads and frying salmon, is that okay?

I've only been buying the 93/7 ground beef, gotta keep it lean.

What about peanut oil? I use olive oil for salads and frying salmon, is that okay?
I avoid too many nuts because I usually follow aip diet. Also, I think peanut oil is higher in inflammatory omega 6, but don't quote me on that. I like olive oil, but it doesn't cook as well at higher temperatures. Avocado oil is better at high temp.

@wufabufa

First of all and somewhat unrelated, McDonalds has some of the highest food standards for meat from suppliers. I know for sure that the Chicken is turned into their products at the processing plant where the birds are culled, de-boned and de-feathered. They take the highest quality chicken off the line and it becomes 'McDonalds', the next level down is shipped as Grade 'A'. That's not a joke.

The ground meat at your local grocery store is probably some of the worst meat you can buy. It's a mish-mash of left over meats that have likely expired and are ground together.

Back to your question: for metabolic disorder and NASH (liver fat with inflammation) it seems like protein quantity and high temperature cooking are the problem. So grass fed beef eaten in high quantity and seared (that means grill marks) is the same as regular store bought meat.
Holy shit man

Then where do I buy ground beef? Should I just go chicken and fish now? No red meat whatsoever?

FUCK I don't want kidney disease guys

Holy shit man

Then where do I buy ground beef? Should I just go chicken and fish now? No red meat whatsoever?

FUCK I don't want kidney disease guys

If you want quality ground beef you should grind good meat yourself or get a botcher to do it. the packaged stuff is something they are trying to recycle. I grew up on ground beef as a kid and now i'm just horrified at the idea of feeding that shit to my kids.

Back