Social Chicago weather hit an all time high today by some reports at nearly 70 degrees Dec 23

shutterstock-496895995___23114604307.jpg

This is news as the talk about climate change even thought the previous record was reported at 64 degrees and some reports say it was only 62 degrees others are saying they seen as high as 68 degrees. But more interesting is this they are seeing consecutive days of temps reaching into the 60 degree range. Now climate scientists talk about weather events in a 2 degree level change many areas are seeing vastly higher numbers for an overall picture. Australia is seeing out of control wildfires throughout most of the Country and little effect at stopping the growth of these fires.

People are pretty upset at Australian Government for lack of action at containing the fires or just limited efforts. But more and more around the world environmental events are far worst then originally planned. Most climate scientists thought we would be talking about these events by 2030 not now by their estimates.

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanksgiving Northeast LA County. The High Desert.

5e05a561900bf.image.jpg

The day after Christmas Northeast LA County High Desert.

Every day, the local radio station lists the record high and low temps for that day in the state and all the record highs were in the 1930s and 40s. Not saying that means much but people believe what they see.
The problem with the climate change debate is all the people who profit from it and all the lies we've been told for decades. We were supposed to be underwater 30 years ago.

Difference is that climate change is actually CURRENTLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, but conservatives are still denying it. It's no longer a question of if and when it will happen, it's what can we do to slow it down.

But anyone with the cognitive deficiencies to trust the words of Donald Trump will stay in denial until the end. That's why the world has collectively decided to leave you guys out of the conversation so the adults can make the decisions that need to be made.

6-Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-quotes.gif

Difference is that climate change is actually CURRENTLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, but conservatives are still denying it. It's no longer a question of if and when it will happen, it's what can we do to slow it down.

But anyone with the cognitive deficiencies to trust the words of Donald Trump will stay in denial until the end. That's why the world has collectively decided to leave you guys out of the conversation so the adults can make the decisions that need to be made.

6-Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-quotes.gif
Meh, I'm not against doing things to make the world a cleaner and better place but only a fool would say we haven't been lied to and exploited from day 1 when it comes to global warming. The same assholes that tell us we're destroying the world make a living off of it and drive hummers. Why wouldn't people be skeptical? Little girls flying around the world in private jets chastising people about how horrible they are for polluting the environment..... Honestly, in my 40+ years on the Earth, I haven't seen such a dramatic effect as people claim. Sue me for not taking the word of a guy who makes a living from it as gospel. Like I said, we were supposed to be either underwater right now, or burnt to cinders because the ozone layer was gone. I was told this when I was about 8. Scary stuff. The sort of thing that sticks with you into adulthood.
Maybe someday, we could just have a rational debate on the topic, with all the profiteering and scare tactics set aside.

Meh, I'm not against doing things to make the world a cleaner and better place but only a fool would say we haven't been lied to and exploited from day 1 when it comes to global warming. The same assholes that tell us we're destroying the world make a living off of it and drive hummers. Why wouldn't people be skeptical? Little girls flying around the world in private jets chastising people about how horrible they are for polluting the environment..... Honestly, in my 40+ years on the Earth, I haven't seen such a dramatic effect as people claim. Sue me for not taking the word of a guy who makes a living from it as gospel. Like I said, we were supposed to be either underwater right now, or burnt to cinders because the ozone layer was gone. I was told this when I was about 8. Scary stuff. The sort of thing that sticks with you into adulthood.
Maybe someday, we could just have a rational debate on the topic, with all the profiteering and scare tactics set aside.
Maybe your critical thinking skills need a readjustment
we banned the chemicals causing the ozone problem and guess what? it worked ..
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-46107843
The Northern Hemisphere could be fully fixed by the 2030s and Antarctica by the 2060s.

A new United Nations report says it's an example of what global agreements can achieve.

The ozone layer had been damaged by man-made chemicals called chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).

Jesus if people would care about the planet that keeps us alive the way they fawn over gun culture or religion it would be so much better to live here

Maybe your critical thinking skills need a readjustment
we banned the chemicals causing the ozone problem and guess what? it worked ..
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-46107843

Jesus if people would care about the planet that keeps us alive the way they fawn over gun culture or religion it would be so much better to live here
We didn't actually. Aerosol is still prevalent and used all the time. So are many forms of CFCs. Even in those hairspray cans that all those girls back in the 80s were using to kill us all. Still around.
Your last sentence has your partisan programming showing, IMO. You don't even see that we mostly agree, I just don't care for the profiteering and lies. Maybe if you cared about mental health the way you do about hairspray killing us all, gun violence could be addressed.

We didn't actually. Aerosol is still prevalent and used all the time. So are many forms of CFCs. Even in those hairspray cans that all those girls back in the 80s were using to kill us all. Still around.
Your last sentence has your partisan programming showing, IMO. You don't even see that we mostly agree, I just don't care for the profiteering and lies. Maybe if you cared about mental health the way you do about hairspray killing us all, gun violence could be addressed.
Caring about the planet is "Partisan programming" sheesh bro get some air

Here's what I think. You talk shit about global warming but everything in your house is covered in plastic. You probably drive. You probably use some form of fossil fuel to warm yourself and cook your food, you probably drink bottled water with a picture of an iceberg, forest or a palm tree on it......In other words, this thread is likely your big contribution to the global warming debate and you'll spend your day polluting and wasting with the rest of us, while worshiping little girl propaganda puppets flying around the word in pollution machines who tells us we're polluting the world.
This is why I don't take it seriously. Literally no one walks the walk. Its about you, not the issue.

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanksgiving Northeast LA County. The High Desert.

5e05a561900bf.image.jpg

The day after Christmas Northeast LA County High Desert.
And this really has to do with climate change if you notice in my posts I talked about freak storms and unusual weather events during climate change. In one of my past posts I talked about snow storms in April down south. What happens because the right still don't understand this idea is constant changing weather patterns but the overall effect is higher then normal temps around the world. Do freak things happen yes all the time but next week they could hit 70 who knows I don't follow LA County high desert weather all that much. But the point is these weather events will increase in frequency and each time become more destructive as seen in California recently. It will happen in more areas of the Country as what is happening in the midwest.

And this really has to do with climate change if you notice in my posts I talked about freak storms and unusual weather events during climate change. In one of my past posts I talked about snow storms in April down south. What happens because the right still don't understand this idea is constant changing weather patterns but the overall effect is higher then normal temps around the world. Do freak things happen yes all the time but next week they could hit 70 who knows I don't follow LA County high desert weather all that much. But the point is these weather events will increase in frequency and each time become more destructive as seen in California recently. It will happen in more areas of the Country as what is happening in the midwest.

I just wanted to contrast the weirdness of how it's snowing in parts of LA County in California to Chicago. The High desert region gets a dusting of snow maybe once a year. About every decade you get a good storm that maybe gets a few inches in. This year it has had two already about 5-8 inches in Thanksgiving which is really early for the area and about 3-6 inches the day after Christmas. It was supposed to snow again before New year but the storm stayed north.
So it's pretty unusual that it gotten so much snow this year.

The weird thing is that a while back I saw a article that due to climate change the High Desert area would likely see less snow events.

New estimates over 500 million dead animals and ended a number of species.

Back