Chicago Newbreed jiujitsu

Own Ass 1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are any of you from Chicago also members of the (relatively) recently opened Newbreed jiujitsu academy?

If I so I would love to hear your thoughts and general experience of it.

I am considering switching up my training and going there since the location is much better for me and they seem to have some good instructors.

Also if you know the prices (monthly/student rate/ whatever their system is) I would greatly appreciate any info.

I trained at their old location in Evanston while I was passing thru Chicago. Mark, the head instructor, was on point and all his students were great. Had a great time

I'm a member of New Breed.

It's a great place. The instruction is very technical. I would say our competition and NAGA record speaks for itself. More so then anything the gym is full of guys who love BJJ and do not come to the gym with egos. This is the only school I've trained at where guys hangout and party outside of the gym on a regular basis.

Hope you can come by to check us out.

Anthony

I met a few people that go there and they really hype the place up. They have a great rep and do very well in tounaments. I was watching the NAGA and almost every match, from kids on up had a New Breed comppetitor. Most of them did well.

I think I may go there for open mat in a few weeks.

i had bounced around to almost every school in the chicagoland area and also trained a lot out of state. i can honestly say that not only has training at newbreed done wonders for my jiu jitsu but its also like training with family. there are no cliques or assholes, just a group of people who are very passionate about bjj.

I met a few people that go there and they really hype the place up. They have a great rep and do very well in tounaments. I was watching the NAGA and almost every match, from kids on up had a New Breed comppetitor. Most of them did well.

I think I may go there for open mat in a few weeks.

Please post or feel free to email me if you are headed to Open Mat. Would be great to put faces to some of the screennames on Sherdog. At Open Mat guys do both Gi and No-Gi so if you prefer one or the other there should be someone there.

Anthony

It moved from the Evanston location a few months ago - it is located in Skokie now:
7876 Lincoln Avenue
Skokie, IL 60077

I train there as well and I've been extremely happy with the training environment - I can't say enough good things about it.

It is awesome, I train in Michigan but drive to Evanston when I can to train with the Chicago guys. They have a very unique perspective on training and jiu-jitsu philosophy. Also, they rock the tournaments so what more could you want?

I'm a member of New Breed.

It's a great place. The instruction is very technical. I would say our competition and NAGA record speaks for itself. More so then anything the gym is full of guys who love BJJ and do not come to the gym with egos. This is the only school I've trained at where guys hangout and party outside of the gym on a regular basis.

Hope you can come by to check us out.

Anthony

Do you know a Chinese guy named Cyril? I went to high school with him and I think he trains there.

cyril chen. he trained there for a long time but moved to boston. he was just in town recently though for a tournament.

cyril chen is a very handsome man who happens to have excellent jiu jitsu.

Cyril Chen is indeed very handsome.

Newbreed has the most handsome crew of blue belts in the area. That I guaranatee

Back