Chicago: 59 people shot and 8 dead since Friday

Different culture, hard to judge

"Chicago has struggled with high shooting and murder rates in recent years. Waller said shootings are down 30% from 2017, and murders are down 25%.
June marked 15 straight months of fewer killings and shootings, police said. However, on June 25, at least 21 were shot and two died."

Let's not miss the forest for the trees

It seems they have 10% kill shot. Is it me or is it really low number? Thank god they are shit aimers

What Chicago needs is some help and a shift in culture for those in the low income community.

"Chicago has struggled with high shooting and murder rates in recent years. Waller said shootings are down 30% from 2017, and murders are down 25%.
June marked 15 straight months of fewer killings and shootings, police said. However, on June 25, at least 21 were shot and two died."

Let's not miss the forest for the trees

This is great and all, but there is still a huge problem there. There hasn't even been 59 shootings in the city I live in since it's inception in 1871.

Why is this even news anymore? And what about Flint Town?

hopefully black ops 4 dropping soon and this beta this weekend might help with these potatoes not hitting their shots, I know TTK is a little higher in this new one so maybe that will help getting those second and third hits to get the kill

This is great and all, but there is still a huge problem there. There hasn't even been 59 shootings in the city I live in since it's inception in 1871.

Yeah, it's a problem, but its presentation here is anecdotal. In reality, things seem to be getting better despite the underlying problems (poverty, unemployment, alienation from commerce, generational incarceration and school-to-prison pipeline, underfunded education, etc.) going completely unresolved.

I only lived in Chicago for a short period, but I know that at least some of their crime is related to gang activity (while here in STL, it's basically zero). I'd be interested to know how big a factor that plays.

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_500.gif

If you wanna see something bizarre go onto thecoli's lockerroom forum and look at their thread on this. A few get what's going on but many claim this is a systematic act of white supremacy. Most are blaming the police but one dude even said there's a white mercenary army in chicago killing blacks. I'm not sure if he's trolling or not.

For the record, I'm aware of how historical events influence our present. I think we are, for the most part, past that though in most parts of our country. People will disagree but oh well. In any case look at Chicago and Illinois's politics for a better idea.

Too bad their kill rate is so low. Can you imagine how much healthcare money is wasted patching these thugs up? It's one of the many reasons why healthcare is so expensive, we have to pay a ton to cover their costs.

Chicago needs gun control.
Remember when it was FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS that an American President was letting this happen in an American city, and when Trump won Chicago was going to clean up its act or he was going to send in the National Guard?

Yeah, that didn’t happen.

trump-chicago-tweet-1-25-17-410x300.png

He must have stashed that one away right next to the opioid task force.

Back