chia seeds

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by flikerstance, Aug 31, 2015.

1. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

I keep seeing mixed opinions on here about them some love them say they work wonders for weight loss some say they are a waste of money, so whats the real deal on chia seeds? They are pretty expensive for a good brand, I don't wana add in any extra calories if they arnt gonna be helpful as im cutting atm I cant train so im just dieting down right now.

2. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

Ingesting additional calories isn't going to make your body burn extra calories. There are some nutritional benefits to chia seeds, but they're not some magic pill that allows you to defy the laws of physics. The big deal about chia seeds is that they are extremely satiating, making you feel full for a long time. If you find yourself getting hungry all the time AND you can fit them into your daily calorie allotment, I say give them a try. They may stave off the hunger pangs. I personally think they're disgusting, but lots of people seem to enjoy them. Or at least that's what they tell themselves.

3. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

they have an amazing amount of fiber would you subsitute instant oatmeal for chia seeds if your using them for carbs and fiber sources? i saw this chia drink at walmart i heard it makes you shit more than taking ex lax lol

4. keripag

keripag White Belt

I think they're nasty. I think they should be ground. Not sure I want something sprouting in my stomach