Cheyanne Buys: “I’ve been so broke my whole life because of this sport!”

The amount of and extent to which fans defend abysmal fighter pay and bash fighters for complaining about it is both pathetic and sad.

Ok I know you are a smart poster (unlike all the 85ers around here) so I will ask you this: would you go around publicly bitching about your company for not giving you more? No because your company would be like wtf you signed a contract, what's your issue now?

Why is it any different with UFC fighters? Are they some protected class of people entitled to more than what they signed for, just because?

just because you like MMA it doesn't mean that MMA fighters are entitled to more than what they signed for. Whyt about McDonalds' employees? What about the millions working for shit wage in the USA ?
Since you don't seem to be aware of it - which is perfectly okay - i am 100% for those McDonald's employees and generally *everyone* around the whole world to be both paid a decent wage and have to work only a reasonable amount of hours.

Since you don't seem to be aware of it - which is perfectly okay - i am 100% for those McDonald's employees and generally *everyone* around the whole world to be both paid a decent wage and have to work only a reasonable amount of hours.

okay and why should that lady be paid more than what she signed for?

okay and why should that lady be paid more than what she signed for?
Because people signing up for unjust things doesn't make these things just.

In the 1800s, 70 hours a week was normal, but the people (for a long time) working these shifts, didn't make it okay to have people work that long.

Bad example

This is her second fight in the UFC. The first one she won

She was broke because of fighting on the regional scene

A better example would be a UFC vet who has racked a lot fans/wins and is still broke

Tito?

“Negative in the account right now”

No, you were broke because you don’t know how to manage money and have no desirable skills for a real job.

<BC1>

And she just bought a house. And she’s married to another presumably broke fighter who lost in his debut.

Her big plight was she moved across the country with her husband and took "loans from people" (aka family).

I mean that's cool I guess but we have young kids doing that shit for AAU or private teams. She's a grown-ass adult already in the UFC.

She made her UFC debut in March 2021 as a regional undercard fighter with only 5 fights on her record (4-1) and she lost. Should Dana have bought her a mansion and lambo yet?

Average starting CFL salary is 50k and I'd say this girl is less talented and will double that this year.

Notice how all of the smart, cute wmma fighters are married and often have kids.

Natural selection is real ladies.

She deserved that bonus, well earned.

She’s not broke because of that sport. If a job doesn’t provide enough income, don’t rely on it full time. Plenty of fighters had side gigs until they started making better coin.

Now subtract all the fees she incurs as an independent contractor because that’s not a real number.

Yep, it costs regular joe's like us $200/month to train at an MMA/BJJ gym. That's $2,500/yr on its own. You have management, and all the things it takes to be a real professional, its substantially more than that.

I find her quote funny though: "broke all my life"... you're 26! Lots of 26 year olds are broke. Most 22 year olds are broke. All 18 year olds are broke.

ay just don't listen to her ufc unfiltered interview lol that shit was weird. that husband of hers haha.

If she was after money, she should have become a license plumber. Making 100k+ a year.

Instead she choose soccer mom/ufc fighter life style.

PointlessFrigidEgret-size_restricted.gif
<3>

imo if you sign into sherdog and say some dumb, negative shit about how fighters should reconsider professions, etc if they're broke should be banned outright with no question.
what the fuck are you doing here?

Cheyanne Buys: “I’ve been so broke my whole life because of this sport!”
BUT IT'S WHAT SHE LIKES AND LOVES TO DO....

Buys is an entry level fighter, 1-1 in the UFC, and she's earned around $87k this year. That would put her at around 210 on the Women's Tennis prizemoney list. Of course it would be fairer to exclude the bonus in which case she'd be closer to 290.

Thing is Buys is barely a top 100 female in the UFC women's roster, how much should she be earning at her level?
well as I've said in other threads, I think the UFC has "chosen fighters" who they like to push.
I think Cheyanne Buys is one of those fighters. So that's why she got a co-main on a small event card.

I think she is a very promising prospect and I do expect her to be given the opportunity to progress rapidly.
She has an aggressive fighting style, we saw that last night (UFC love that) and she is marketable and attractive, always a good thing. I expect her to be ranked in the Top15 probably in the next 12months, assuming she can keep winning (obviously).

Okay, I'll go there. Her looks are good enough to where she could get an OnlyFans sideline going. But she probably needs a few more wins to gain a sufficient subscription base.

Okay, I'll go there. Her looks are good enough to where she could get an OnlyFans sideline going. But she probably needs a few more wins to gain a sufficient subscription base.
not sure husband would be in favor of that at all.
Plus I don't think SHE would be in favor of that at all.

I think she will do fine. That extra 50,000 is huge and I'm quite sure she'll be given another winnable fight within 2 or 3 months.

Back