Chewing with mouth open

Emang8

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Does this annoy the shit out of anybody else? My 13 year old step son has picked up this nasty habit from his grandmother and I cannot stand it, I have asked him numerous times to not chew with his mouth open as it is not appropriate to do so in front of other people but I think it has became in ingrained habit. His mother does it sometimes as well but not as nearly as loudly or often as the child or her mother(who smacks like a fuckin cow! I actually wear headphones whenever she comes around). I am a very patient person and very mild tempered but this one thing makes me rage inside, Does this annoy the living shit out of anybody else?

People who have bad allergies, can't breathe through their nose will do this. They try to breathe and eat at the same time.

When my son's nose is clear he can chew with his mouth closed.

did u try touchin him w) teh jab? or fillin da rm w) uppercuts?

It's terrible. Disgusting. People that do it for non medical reasons should be sent to an island where they live with other barbarics that eat with their mouth wide open.

Does this annoy the shit out of anybody else? My 13 year old step son has picked up this nasty habit from his grandmother and I cannot stand it, I have asked him numerous times to not chew with his mouth open as it is not appropriate to do so in front of other people but I think it has became in ingrained habit. His mother does it sometimes as well but not as nearly as loudly or often as the child or her mother(who smacks like a fuckin cow! I actually wear headphones whenever she comes around). I am a very patient person and very mild tempered but this one thing makes me rage inside, Does this annoy the living shit out of anybody else?

It's not something that you can fix by being a dick, unfortunately. Just try not to pay attention, because not very many people are going to change their eating habits just because you want them to. It's not that easy most likely.

A former friend of mine did this REALLY bad. Like, obnoxious smacking, mouth wide open. He was gross in a lot of other ways too and just could not have cared less about it. I was present when someone we were eating with literally asked him to chew with his mouth closed but he just immediately replied "I dont know how else to chew" and kept right on going. Watching that man eat pizza was traumatizing, and all he ever fucking did was eat pizza. Sausage and extra cheese every time with salt dumped all over it and mouth wide open during every chew.

People who have bad allergies, can't breathe through their nose will do this. They try to breathe and eat at the same time.

When my son's nose is clear he can chew with his mouth closed.

I have terrible allergies, hell one of my nostrils doesn't work at all! and I make sure I have enough god damn oxygen to last however long i chew. I can understand if it's a small child doing it while having bad allergies as we cannot expect them to really think things through.

If you chew with your mouth open its a sign that you're an uneducated slob.

Not buying that load, I have terrible allergies, hell one of my nostrils doesn't work at all! and I make sure I have enough god damn oxygen to last however long i chew.

i dont think he means allergies but nasal obstruction/congestion

It's not something that you can fix by being a dick, unfortunately. Just try not to pay attention, because not very many people are going to change their eating habits just because you want them to. It's not that easy most likely.

A former friend of mine did this REALLY bad. Like, obnoxious smacking, mouth wide open. He was gross in a lot of other ways too and just could not have cared less about it. I was present when someone we were eating with literally asked him to chew with his mouth closed but he just immediately replied "I dont know how else to chew" and kept right on going. Watching that man eat pizza was traumatizing, and all he ever fucking did was eat pizza. Sausage and extra cheese every time with salt dumped all over it and mouth wide open during every chew.

The second paragraph had me laughing hysterically but I know if I had witnessed that I may have blind raged and would currently be in jail.

I did it as a kid when I was like 7. A friend made fun of me constantly until I learned to not do it.

Positive bullying

Yes. It's right up there with slurping soup and people who eat corn on the cob like a typewriter and spray you if you're sitting next to them. It's like planet of the apes.

Lol you should be a comedy writer. Your wording paints a good visual and had me cracking up.

I can't believe I listened to the whole thing...

635717222131280608-1467068576_Signs-Youre-Addicted-Netflix.gif

Yes. It's right up there with slurping soup and people who eat corn on the cob like a typewriter and spray you if you're sitting next to them. It's like planet of the apes.

Sometimes slurps just come out brah

I read this article and hoped for some real solutions in the 'treatment' section, looks like my technique of blasting music/podcasts into my ear through a set of sennheiser HD 380 Pro's might be the way to go. I think i'm going to have to implement an intervention with the ol' family on this subject of open mouth chewing.

Back