chest hair getting in the way

keynote

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Whenever I've been training lately, my hair gets into my eye/face area. Getting annoying having something distracting me and gets in my view. It's not so long I can tie a pony tail or something like that. Just the hair near my face gets too close to my eyes. Any suggestions to solve the problem? Thanks.

23321large.jpg

(and no get a haircut solutions, cause I already know that one, thanks~)

For me it's just all the dames attracted to my chest hair that's getting in the way.

just con row it

I do think that people with real fur should have the deceny to wear a rashguard under the kimono, or shave/wax

I am more evolved and only have little chest hair but don't want to smother people with a sweaty gut

I think if your going to get serious about fighting you need to either get out the clippers or get corn rows. hahahahaa

Maybe if you have enough hair you could shave it to look like a hair Bra?

Last edited:
just con row it

I do think that people with real fur should have the deceny to wear a rashguard under the kimono, or shave/wax

I am more evolved and only have little chest hair but don't want to smother people with a sweaty gut

You're not normally allowed rash guards under your gi at most tournaments. I don't see how being smothered by a sweaty hairless dudes chest is any different than a hairy sweaty guys chest.

You're not normally allowed rash guards under your gi at most tournaments. I don't see how being smothered by a sweaty hairless dudes chest is any different than a hairy sweaty guys chest.

I've never been to a tourney that says you can't wear something under your gi.

I think a lot of people didn't understand what this thread was about.

Anyway, I think pretty much any tourney disallows rashguards lately..IBJJF rules etc.

Old judo holdover imo

rashguards and t-shirts can get in the way when you're trying to apply a choke, i think that's why they're illegal.

to TS, shave that shit

Well, it just is...seriously.

My pubes used to get in the way of my training. I hate it when guys grab my pubes when posturing up in my closed guard.

I shave now...

:icon_chee

you are in someones guard, they break your posture you don't want that layer of rashguard between a mouthful of chesthair or sweaty man boobs?

I think a lot of people didn't understand what this thread was about.

Anyway, I think pretty much any tourney disallows rashguards lately..IBJJF rules etc.

Old judo holdover imo

Yeah kinda stupid, they seem to okey gi's in stupid colors but not rashguards for dudes

My dumb parody thread turned into a serious discussion on chest hair and man boobs.

... welp :(

It's not a very good parody since it's too damn real. One of the brown belts at my school is sasquatch. It's awful to roll with him since his chest hair is thicker than my head hair.

It's not a very good parody since it's too damn real. One of the brown belts at my school is sasquatch. It's awful to roll with him since his chest hair is thicker than my head hair.

This. I have an instructor who you just described, and he smothers often in rolling.

I've never been to a tourney that says you can't wear something under your gi.

IBJJF wont let you compete with a rash guard or tee shirt under your gi unless you're in the female division. It gets in the way of collar chokes a lot.

Back