Chest Cracking (costochondritis??)

I actualy had it happen so bad one time that i got severe pain.. So bad so that i was walking in the mall.. got the urge to crack my chest.. when i did crack it.. the pain brought me to my knees in the middle of the mall... Was the craziest injury ever..

Couldnt sit up all night long, had to sleep in a fixed position with my arms crossed on my chest like a vampire.

Prior to this happening i didnt ever have much pain, and my chest would just get the urge to be cracked here and there.

It wasnt untill i started a extensive strength and conditioning program with a lot of over head presses, pull ups, and bench press.

Anyways.. it ended up healing pretty quickly and i was back on the mats in a week or two.

One of my favorite "joints" to pop.

My top 5:

1. The joint where your thumb meets your wrist (NOT your thumbs first knuckle :mad:)

2. Big Toe

3. Neck

4. Spine

5. Shoulder (could actually be number one, but it rarely gets tense enough to pop :mad:)

I've had this for a while, but it's not chronic. I think it's just too much pressure on the chest, like bench press bounching as mention earlier. I think mine comes from front squatting.

isn't having it for a while the definition of chronic?

same here a week ago some asshole spider dropped his sack on my chest, and non the less was wearing a cup. I had a slight pressure on my chest right after and now every once in a while it makes a popping sound

The popping in your sternum does not sound like costochondritis to me, which I've had. My condition was caused/exacerbated by bench pressing and being side-mounted in BJJ. Painful and debilitating. I haven't done bench press in 3 months now.

I started experiencing this lately as well, whenever i get up from laying down I experience pain and tightness in my chest, I just give it a crack and the tightness/pain goes away. It began after I stepped up my training routine and started approaching the weights like a MAN. It hurts but i wouldn't say its anywhere debilitating in my case but I suppose it can be depending on the severity.

I've had that for a few weeks now.

I get one little crack when i get out of bed.

But I don't lift weights or anything, so that can't be it.

But I do train a lot.

So, I was diagnosed with costocondritis by a doctor. He gave me a week of ibuprofen, a cream and a shot. I went back to rolling and apparently it came back.

So I went to a chiropractor and currently getting laser treatment. It has been working so far I guess but I will see after my last treatment.

The chiropractor said that costochondritis is a garbage term and its just used just for the use to have a diagnose. He told me that there are many things that can be wrong that are effecting the sternum, and he showed me a papers saying that the laser is the best way to get the solution. I have just experienced pain when pressure was applied like a side mount. I would also wake up sometimes in the morning and it would be slightly painful just to get out of bed. lol

This stuff is no joke, it's painful and debilitating. Mine lasted for about a year almost. My sternum still pops every now and then but it doesn't hurt anymore.

I would have probably healed faster had I chilled out and rested instead of training.

Used to get it a lot, then a period of not having it, then I got it one day again recently but not had it since.

A good stretch and I'm all sorted.

There's been several people on here mention this.

I'm going to file this under creepy. I crack a lot of joints, my sternum is deff not a joint and something I hope never makes any cracking noises

There's been several people on here mention this.

I'm going to file this under creepy. I crack a lot of joints, my sternum is deff not a joint and something I hope never makes any cracking noises

It almost feels tight or congested when I've had it, like a build up of pressure, and it's usually relieved once it pops by stretching in the way TS mentioned. I think it can happen from bad posture or tension from stress or even from being too cold.

My sternum does that too but it doesn't hurt or anything. I just have to pop it if I slouch for too long.

Get off the F12 and go see a Doctor for REAL medical advice!

Back