Cherry cream cheese church sandwhiches

Medulla Omoplata

Mayberry Comptroller
@Silver
Reaction score
Why are these a thing and how come they are a staple at community events like church dinners and stuff.
Talking bout these:

Blog2.jpg

225859241_8933c1664f_z.jpg

Sometimes they try and trick you by rolling them up all fancy

b7b2a19e3701a84346fe5ce98eb636c0.jpg

I don't think I've ever actually tried one but they look horrible and that's enough for me.

I think this is just a throwback from when people were poor and didn't know how things can taste good.
I think it's just an old people thing?

@Ottawaguy can you help shed some light, this seems like it would be up your alley?

Why are these a thing and how come they are a staple at community events like church dinners and stuff.
Talking bout these:

Blog2.jpg

I don't think I've ever actually tried one but they look horrible and that's enough for me.

I think this is just a throwback from when people were poor and didn't know how things can taste good.

@Ottawaguy can you help shed some light, this seems like it would be up your alley?

Never tried those before they look nice. I didn't realize that churches have spreads like this. Makes me want to visit just so I can eat em lol. Respectfully that is

Talking bout these:

Blog2.jpg

Cherry cream cheese an actual thing or did you make that up?

Second pic looks like spam and piccalilli

You ever have piccalilli?

I have been to several church events and even helped organize many and have never seen those before, maybe it’s a regional thing??

Talking bout these:

Blog2.jpg

I’ve never seen those. When you say cream cheese, I’m thinking smoked salmon and capers on a toasted bagel.

D6B85649-CA29-41D3-8943-5E5DDCD7F54E.jpeg

Do they give them out during the service as the body of christ instead of those wafer things?
Or does the entire congregation bring a few with them and put them on a donation plate that's passed around

no you go into a dimly lit basement with wood panels for walls and give the old lady 5 bucks and then you get a plate of boiled peas and carrots and you can go pick out some of these dry sandwiches with oddly colorful fixings.
Afterwards you can choose from a table of dry cookies or dry cakes.

Back