Cheesiest song you ever heard

You’re missing out.
Before the rona, I was averaging a live show every two weeks.
Get a Spotify account, check out KEXP channel on YT, who knows, you may be surprised.

I have a Spotify account... lol. I don't know what i should make of the suggestion that i should listen to a terrestrial Alt rock station from 2,000 miles away to hear some good contemporary music... but i might give it a go despite the fact that i'm inclined to think that Seattle's music scene peaked 30+ years ago and if nothing that's come out of their in the last decade has set the world alight it's probably not that great.

In terms of the wider scene. Wasn't YT, p2p, and Streaming supposed to get this truly great music to the masses even faster than the old model, cutting out the middleman? I simply don't buy that if there was truly another jimi Hendrix, Heart, or Nirvana out there right now they wouldn't have become the biggest thing in the world within a year of posting a video/album/single to Youtube and/or Spotify. The music scene is more democratic than ever and the music shittier than ever.

I have a Spotify account... lol. I don't know what i should make of the suggestion that i should listen to a terrestrial Alt rock station from 2,000 miles away to hear some good contemporary music... but i might give it a go despite the fact that i'm inclined to think that Seattle's music scene peaked 30+ years ago and if nothing that's come out of their in the last decade has set the world alight it's probably not that great.

In terms of the wider scene. Wasn't YT, p2p, and Streaming supposed to get this truly great music to the masses even faster than the old model, cutting out the middleman? I simply don't buy that if there was truly another jimi Hendrix, Heart, or Nirvana out there right now they wouldn't have become the biggest thing in the world within a year of posting a video/album/single to Youtube and/or Spotify. The music scene is more democratic than ever and the music shittier than ever.
I bet you’re great at parties.

I bet you’re great at parties.

Very. But a have one major achilles heel. I have a very strong preference for music that exhibits great craft in songwriting, production, arrangement, and lastly originality. But feel free to post some suggestions, maybe you''lll change some minds. I sure as hell know that taking backhanded swipes at posters won't

Very. But a have one major achilles heel. I have a very strong preference for music that exhibits great craft in songwriting, production, arrangement, and lastly originality. But feel free to post some suggestions, maybe you''lll change some minds. I sure as hell know that taking backhanded swipes at posters won't
I’m sorry you feel that way.

I’m sorry you feel that way.

Huh? Don't be sorry. My musical taste runs from classical all the way up to within the last ten years (albeit a little of the latter) and spans just about every genre and subgenre since recorded musics been a thing in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German. I'm not hard up for music to listen to. I'm 40 years old and still discovering great stuff that i missed from decades past. That's probably part of why i stand where i do as it pertains to modern music.

It's easier than ever before partly thanks to Spotify and YouTube, to find great old music... which by and large is simply better than the stuff that's been put out since 2000. It just is what it is. And it's just not me who feels that way.

Can't even begin to tell you how many Millenials i've met in the last 10 years who fucking swear by 80s music... people who were born in like 87-90+, who are not even old enough to remember the decade... but they can't get enough of the music.

But again, i'm open to being turned on to anything you might want to suggest so, feel free to submit. I won't judge you, am not judging you, and haven't been judging you.

I’m a huge fan of classical and jazz. If I were in NYC, I’d see as much music as I could afford. I would’ve been going to see David Byrne weekly.

I’m also a massive fan of the new psych, if you like that style of music, check out Oh Sees, Black Angels, Kikagaku Moyo, WAND, King Gizzard.
Other bands I try and see whenever they come to town are Parquet Courts, The Growlers, Amyl and the Sniffers, Portugal the Man.

...I fucken like that song. Pretty ashamed of myself right now. How this failed to make it into the first page is almost criminal.

I have terrible taste in music so it has been in a playlist of mine once or twice.

Village people, Macarena, etc.

But for me it's this.

Its got to be one of these two

Back