Cheese seized! Public Health Department raids raw dairy vendor

Who can blame them? All the rapes and murders have been solved, there's no violent crime to deal with, got to do something to keep busy, right?

/sarcasm

"In surveillance footage posted by the Los Angeles Times, four officers, with guns drawn, snaked through the aisles of Venice, California’s Rawsome Foods in search of outlaw raw cow and goat milk – which they found and confiscated."

Guns drawn? Was this Columbian-grade goat milk?

this is what our tax money goes to......

it's a shame that the government is hunting down raw milk, all because they want to further the dairy industry's agenda. 34 out of 50 states already have raw milk and raw milk facilities banned. carl lanore of super human radio recently did a show on the benefits of raw milk, very interesting if anyone wants to learn more about the subject.

click the link to watch the video with the guns drawn.

Raw food: Raid on raw-food grocery store highlights a hunger - latimes.com

y P.J. Huffstutter, Los Angeles Times

July 25, 2010

With no warning one weekday morning, investigators entered an organic grocery with a search warrant and ordered the hemp-clad workers to put down their buckets of mashed coconut cream and to step away from the nuts.

Then, guns drawn, four officers fanned out across Rawesome Foods in Venice. Skirting past the arugula and peering under crates of zucchini, they found the raid's target inside a walk-in refrigerator: unmarked jugs of raw milk.

"I still can't believe they took our yogurt," said Rawesome volunteer Sea J. Jones, a few days after the raid. "There's a medical marijuana shop a couple miles away, and they're raiding us because we're selling raw dairy products?"

Cartons of raw goat and cow milk and blocks of unpasteurized goat cheese were among the groceries seized in the June 30 raid by federal, state and local authorities

As much as I love raw milk and support the folks who sell it, hell I had a glass of 100% grass fed local raw milk this morning with breakfast, but hippies owning a lot of these shops pisses me off... It just adds fuel to the fire and makes shit harder for everyone.

Get your fucking permits and play ball intelligently and they will leave you alone, then you can plot against them collectively in your spare time. It's the only option.

"In surveillance footage posted by the Los Angeles Times, four officers, with guns drawn, snaked through the aisles of Venice, California’s Rawsome Foods in search of outlaw raw cow and goat milk – which they found and confiscated."

Guns drawn? Was this Columbian-grade goat milk?

ROFL, what a fucking joke it is that police time, money, and manpower is wasting on stupid shit like this. But I guess they sure showed those Farmer Desperados who's really in charge!

"With no warning one weekday morning, investigators entered an organic grocery with a search warrant and ordered the hemp-clad workers to put down their buckets of mashed coconut cream and to step away from the nuts."

ROFL

Last edited:
Now we've got to worry about a God-damned raw milk gestapo?! I thought this was America, not Nazi f*cking Germany!

*feels like a rebel for buying/consuming raw milk*

I cannot stop laughing over this section of the article: "with no warning one weekday morning, investigators entered an organic grocery with a search warrant and ordered the hemp-clad workers to put down their buckets of mashed coconut cream and to step away from the nuts."

Hippies interested in nutrition give a bad name to us non-hippies.

Someone needs to open up a health food store with the following sign out front :

"No Shirt, No Shoes, No Hemp Shirts, No Hemp Shoes - NO SERVICE"

Pffft...

So fucking stupid that we even bother calling ourselves a free market economy anymore.

and Lol @ solving all crime, that was hilarious

corporations own the gov't and will continue to do so ...

Raw milk is not illegal in California. The problem in the article is how they went about getting it to their customers.

It IS illegal in Canada, or at least Ontario, and there are daily commercials from the government of Ontario warning against raw milk.

Completely serious except from said commercial:

"Don't put your or your families lives in danger by buying or drinking raw milk."

Here that? Even by BUYING raw milk, you are putting your families lives in danger! b Buying raw milk KILLS BABIES!

Honestly, the commercial is SO bad that it could be used as an example to teach children about WWII era propaganda, and anyone who thinks about the message and wording of it for just a few moments will see that something is amiss.

Sadly, since it has started playing, I have run into more and more people who are (loudly) adamant that it WILL kill you. I even listened to a woman explain to me how she would never give her children raw milk, after breastfeeding her baby. When I pointed out that slight inconsistancy, and asked her to explain her position... Not pretty.

I eat raw milk cheddar when I can get it at a decent price at my Whole Foods but I've never had the stones to drink raw milk. That said, I think I'd try raw milk Kefir.

Back