Cheering for one guy in the first fight, then the other in the rematch

AndersonOvereem

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the Condit/MacDonald rematch. The first time they fought I was hoping for Rory but when they rematch in March I know I'll be hoping for Condit. I'm not sure if I am the minority here, but does anyone else agree? What other rematches have you cheered for the other fighter from the first time they fought?

Last edited:
I heered for Sonnen the first Silva fight, but by the second I was all Silva.

I don't even know how you can spell 'rooted' that way on accident.

I heered for handy couture in huck one fight, then huck in two and handy again in hee.

i heered for hughes in the first fight then i heered for gsp in the next then i didnt give a huck in the third fight

I was devestated watching Nog lose to Mir the first time. After whining and crying by Nog and his fans, I was so happy to see Mir completely rip his arm off. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Noggy.

there has been worse... like the GSP/hughes fight, it started with " USA" moronic chants, then when these sheeps= UFC casual fans realised their homeboy was getting raped, they started chanting " GSP"...

I was pulling for Condit the first time. Nothing has changed.

i kind of hope that rory wins, because he will be one step closer to the title, and we will see how dana and co./gsp & zahabi will deal with that.

i know that they say that those two won't fight each other, but they sure can't keep rory fighting and beating top contenders (if he beats condit)

I was rooting for Machida (albeit slightly) against Shogun. I thought Shogun took the decision and wanted to see him get revenge, which he most certainly did.

Was rooting for Shogun in his first fight and if they ever fight again I will be rooting for Jones.

I was a Tito fan back in the day when they fought the first time, but I'm firmly on the Rashad wagon nowadays.

I cheered for Machida in the first Shogun fight and cheered for Shogun in the second after he got robbed. That counts, right?

I didn't have a dog in Sonnen/Silva 1 but I was rooting for Silva for the rematch.

Back