Check out my Sparring

You're not going to get in there with a guy who has over 200 fights and not get hit. Taylor does a good job of not getting hit by something he doesnt see coming and thus, not being hurt. He also makes Donte miss enough to make him uncomfortable throwing at times.

Huh................not sure what to say.

I don't know why you come here for advice, since you can probably count on half a hand the guys that are better than you here.

Sinister seems to be a seasoned trainer with credentials. Aside from that, I really don't see the point.

You look great.

Enjoyed watching Fighter No. 2. Two brief comments....

1. I'm not sure what you mean about him knowing enough to, "...pull back enough to be defensively liable." Taking on this kind of fighter means multiple actions on the part of the karateka....

2. Getting inside with No fear of being hit? Staying inside with no fear of being hit?
He gets clocked several times by the taller fighter.... The finding... "space where there is no space..." sounds like myself when I'm up to no good-------ha ha....

>>> Wait, I got it!!!! Now I know for sure you did watch the "HIgh KIck Girl" clip I posted***....

TheKarateStylist

P.S. He's definitely 'liable.' :icon_surp

***Always knew it in my heart.... :icon_conf

Man, wtf are you talking about ? Are you really that bad at communicating what you think ?

I hope you can defend the left hook better...

The thing about Donte is, he's polished, but I dont know if he's going to get better than he is. He's got that right hand, and decent uppercuts to the body. But once you neutralize those, he doesnt know what to do. I like his trainer, Gerald Tucker (a Roger Mayweather product) and Donte's a good kid, so I hope they find a way around that.

Just off that video , I'd say more variety in his lead hand , especially his jabs.

Yes but with his weight ever moving forward, his left isnt the hand you need to worry about.

Didn't understand

I believe he's saying that you generate power in the lead hand by pulling back or shifting weight into the rear hip. It's hard to make your lead hand a threat if your weight is always coming forward and never pulling back. Looks like all he's got is a big stepping jab. There's not much body in it. Same with his left hook, because the weight either isn't moving in the right direction, or isn't in the right place to begin with.

For someone who likes asking riddles, you're not so good at figuring simple ones out. :wink:

:rolleyes:

Did you fall over your couch again while playing ninja and hurt your head ?

That is what I meant.

Well I'm pretty sure if he starts using that left more he'd make the necessary adjustments.
He's too good not too.

At that level , it's more telling them what to do rather than how.
Whether he does it is a different matter.

Back