Cheat Days

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Torrid, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

What is everyone's general consensus about having a cheat day?

Let's simplify the broad question with:

1) for an active athlete

2) for an average person following a diet

Some swear by them, while others claim them to be utterly superfluous. Besides satiating the mental urge to gorge on sodium, sugar, fat, and calories in genera -l do they show any other positive side effects? Or does consuming five (I'm probably low balling it for some) thousand calories in one day, wreck former days of diet?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. nothinbutMHS

nothinbutMHS Orange Belt

i remember hearing that krystof sozynski will eat a tub ice cream and a large pizza or something crazy like that every sunday.

3. markulous

markulous Black Belt

Speaking as an average person that tries to eat fairly clean, I think it helps. There are times I'll crave an oreo milkshake, burger, and fries(or something similar), and after I eat it for my cheat meal, it satisfies me pretty well. If I'd of tried to hold back and not eat anything it'd drive me insane. Plus the day after I always feel like I want to get back to my normal healthy diet. So IMO it's pretty beneficial.

4. nothinbutMHS

nothinbutMHS Orange Belt

yeah. the shittiness i feel after gorging myself on junk for a meal definitely recommits me to eating clean.

5. XMoker

XMoker Blue Belt

I'm so taking that quote.

"I only get drunk on Saturday to remind me why I don't drink during the week."

6. nothinbutMHS

nothinbutMHS Orange Belt

it's solid logic, if you ask me.

7. Schrock

Schrock White Belt

If you're at maintenance or restrictive caloric intake, it's pretty essential for leptin levels.

Plus they will help keep you mentally sane.

8. Mooney

Mooney Blue Belt

For me cheat meals are useful because it stops me stressing over food choices or from being over cautious with what i eat. For example when im on my own i very rarely cheat, but then a few friends might come over nd we'll order a pizza and have some beers. I just call it a cheat and get on with things the next day.