Cheapest bjj in ATL?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by blackboard, Sep 22, 2013.

1. blackboard

blackboard White Belt

Could anyone give me a monthly rate estimate for the following gyms? X3 sports, and 4.0 martial arts in Sandy Springs? I am interested in the BJJ program. I'm a poor college student :p Also, if anyone is at x3 I'd be happy to refer them (I read you get a free month?) Any info would be appreciated!

2. jr jr

jr jr Purple Belt

Can't speake to price but doesn't Soneca teach at X3? If so he is worth it.

3. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy White Belt

Call them and ask for their prices. Ask if they have a deal for a college student.

I priced X3's "everything" program last year and it ran a little over $100/mo. That's about standard for the area. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged less for BJJ only, and I didn't ask about a student discount. Roberto Traven also has a school in town that might be worth checking out. Again, look them up and give them a call. The guys who are trying to get you to sign up (and are probably paid commission for that) can tell you more and cut you a better deal than Sherdog strangers.

4. Mikey Triangles

Mikey Triangles Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985

I also have the cheapest gi's if you want one, only $20 and they're made from 100% recycled materials! (cardboard)

If any BJJ school is way cheaper than the rest, it probably isn't one you want to attend. They should all be pretty close in range, you should pick the one that you feel is best for your investment. Otherwise you're might as well just start a college club.

5. Ice 9 Cobra

Ice 9 Cobra Black Belt

According to Alliance HQ, they match rates...and you would be insane to not go there if you're training in Sandy Springs.

6. bulldogfire

bulldogfire White Belt

Yes Alliance HQ will match prices as long as the price is over 100.

7. blackboard

blackboard White Belt

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the answers. They priced me over the phone, but I wasn't sure if this price was negotiable or not. Anybody hear about 4.0 martial arts in Sandy Springs? It's supposedly ran by Daren Roberts, who trained at Alliance.

8. DLy

DLy Orange Belt

X3 has Soneca and my old professor Israel Gomes (3rd deg BB, from Chute Boxe Curitiba)

You can't go wrong there...