Cheaper greens alternative?

MuyThaiFighter

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I love NOW brand supps and they offer a greens product at about half the price of most others. I was hoping those in the know could analyze the ingredients vs. some of the other popular brands.

http://www4.netrition.com/now_green_phytofoods.html

NOW
Green PhytoFoods Powder
10 oz(283g)
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Heaping Tbsp. (9 g)
Servings Per Container: 31

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 40

Calories From Fat 15

Total Fat 2 g 4%

Saturated Fat 0.5 g 2%

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 25 mg 2%

Total Carbohydrates 4 g 2%

Dietary Fiber 1.5 g 6%

Sugars 1.5 g

Show Net Carbs
Net Carbs
Minus Fiber 2.5 g

Protein 2 g 4%

Vitamin A ( as beta carotene) 2,450 I.U. 50%
Calcium 125 mg 10%
Iron 2.8 mg 15%
Vitamin K 35 mcg 45%
Cyanocobalamin (B12) 3.7 mcg 60%
Iodine (from Kelp) 90 mcg 60%
Magnesium 23 mg 6%
Zinc 160 mg 2%

Lecithin (fine powder) 2.0 g

Spirulina (hawaiian, org.) 1.0 g

Alfalfa Juice Concentrate 700 mg

Wheat Grass Powder (org.) 500 mg

Barley Grass Powder (org.) 500 mg

Carrot Powder 500 mg

Barley Malt Powder 400 mg

Broccoli Powder 350 mg

Brown Rice Bran 350 mg

Apple Fiber 350 mg

Apple Pectin 300 mg

Oat Bran 300 mg

Chlorella Powder 300 mg

Red Beet Powder 300 mg

Panax Ginseng Root Powder (C.A.Mayer) (min. 5% ginsenosides) 250 mg

Eleuthero (eleuthrococcus senticosus)(root) 100 mg

Peppermint Powder 150 mg

Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)(40% catechins) 100 mg

Royal Jelly Powder (min. 5% 10-HDA) 100 mg

Fructooligosaccharides (nutraflora FOS) 100 mg

Trace Mineral Concentrate 100 mg

Milk Thistle Extract (80% Silymarin) 80 mg

Kelp Powder 50 mg

Ginko Biloba Extract (24% ginkgoflavonglycosides)(leaves) 20 mg

Grapeseed Extract (95% polyphenols)(vitis unifera) 20 mg

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Vegetarian formula.

Other Ingredients: Bilberry Extract (25% anthocyanidins) 20mg, Plant Based Enzymes 350mg, Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) 10mg, Alpha Lipoic Acid 10mg, Stevia Extract (leaves) 10mg.

I realize there are a lot of legit greens products out there, but this one is about half the price of the others.

I realize there are a lot of legit greens products out there, but this one is about half the price of the others.

Sometimes the price does'nt match the quality. Maxium Greens is only 20$ with a gnc card normally its around 30$. its is a great green replacement powder. I know the website says 31.99 with gold card but I believe that's over the internet. But if that supplement works by all means get it. Im just telling you what I've used and its great stuff.

There are a couple people here who use NOW Phytogreens. It seems to be a quality product especially if you're on a budget.

I sued to use Nows green phyto, but I can't comment on how it compares

I sued to use Nows green phyto, but I can't comment on how it compares

Here are the ingredients for Maxium Greens

Greens Blend - Organically grown barley grass, wheat grass and alfalfa, combined with nutrient-rich spirulina and chlorella, to naturally supply chlorophyll and the vitamins, minerals and amino acids essential in a balanced diet.

Fruit and Vegetable Blend - Optimum handpicked blend containing unique phytonutrients. These brightly-colored, fat and water-soluble pigments protect plants from the potentially damaging effects of sunlight and the environment. Research is confirming the role that these well-established compounds can play in maintaining good health.

Antioxidant Blend - Features OxyPhyte

Sometimes the price does'nt match the quality. Maxium Greens is only 20$ with a gnc card normally its around 30$. its is a great green replacement powder. I know the website says 31.99 with gold card but I believe that's over the internet. But if that supplement works by all means get it. Im just telling you what I've used and its great stuff.

I just bought some Maximum Greens this weekend, and it was $32 at the store (although the next one was 50% off).
I got the berry flavor, and I'm sorry to say that it tastes much worse (almost coffee-like) than the regular greens plus.

I had to pick up Maximum Greens at GNC recently because I couldn't mail order.

In comparison with the other Greens powders I'd have to say Maximum Greens tastes like ass and Greens powders aren't known for their taste so that's saying something.

I've used More than a Greens Powder and that was pretty good. You can get it for $15 online.

You can get Greens+ for about $16.02 from http://www.luckyvitamin.com/769745100030.html so there isn't much of a cost difference unless you're paying retail.

hey ian, where do you go for all your supps and stuff, Greens, Proteins in the UK, if you do it online is there a cheap place what sells the good stuff?

I am on MetRX supreme Whey at the minute and it costs me

hey ian, where do you go for all your supps and stuff, Greens, Proteins in the UK, if you do it online is there a cheap place what sells the good stuff?

I am on MetRX supreme Whey at the minute and it costs me

I saw them

E-mailed them last week- the bastards don't ship outside the US

That is the 4.7oz bottle. It is only a 2 week supply. The one month supply is 9.4oz. You can order it at many places online for about $26+$5 shipping. If you have a VitaminShoppe local to you, you can circumvent the shipping costs. I ordered one tub online, and like it. I'll be buying mine locally from now on, though.

Cheers ian will look at those websites, if they have a reference section ill make sure to put you down, might get you some discount...

You can get Greens+ for about $16.02 from http://www.luckyvitamin.com/769745100030.html so there isn't much of a cost difference unless you're paying retail.

Didn't know about them. Thanks.

I love NOW brand supps and they offer a greens product at about half the price of most others. I was hoping those in the know could analyze the ingredients vs. some of the other popular brands.

Tried other brands before, but I always go back to Greens+. The wild berry variety mixes well with my berry PWO shakes, too. And for $16 (as mentioned above), I don't see a need for an alternative.

That is the 4.7oz bottle. It is only a 2 week supply. The one month supply is 9.4oz. You can order it at many places online for about $26+$5 shipping. If you have a VitaminShoppe local to you, you can circumvent the shipping costs. I ordered one tub online, and like it. I'll be buying mine locally from now on, though.

I didn't notice the size. In that case a $10 savings is enough for me go with alternative brands. More Than a Greens Powder is what I normally use. It tastes kinda like rabbit pellets dissolved in water.

I asked them abot the 2lb container.

In the uk mate, never heard of them and I think shipping would be a bit more then $5

Cheers ian will look at those websites, if they have a reference section ill make sure to put you down, might get you some discount...

cheers mate but I doubt they do :icon_cry2

You know I see a lot of Canadians and UK people looking for online supplement stores around here. With all the home-brew MMA clothing suppliers that are members of the forum I'm surprised that none of the Canadian/UK members are starting their own supplement store.

Back