cheap Thai pads flooding the market

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
Just getting back into MMA after a fair lay off and it's amazing to see the price has come down so far on standard Thai kick pads

I remember back when you could not get a set for less than a hundred bucks

The question is are these pads worth the money

We're just doing MMA for recreation so it's not like I'm going to have a pro heavyweight slamming into my forearms with a hundred kicks a night

What brands do you guys recommend / avoid?

I used to buy all my muay thai pads and gear from kofightgear. amazing quality and extremely (almost too) durable. I don't think they sell stuff anymore though. shame.

I use to own a pair of Contender fight gear thai pads. They were like 40$ on Amazon. They felt awesome for the kicker and were very protective for the holder. They never showed any sign of wear.

man tbh i never thought u needed expensive pads for kicking i like good mitts for punching but i feel u should spend more money on shinguards gloves head gear but kick pads ehh 40 should be plenty

The roar gear looks solid

revgear and ringtocage make good affordable products, shipped from the US so you also save on shipping costs and time to wait for delivery. I use their pads for heavy training for both pro and amateur fighters with no problem.

revgear and ringtocage make good affordable products, shipped from the US so you also save on shipping costs and time to wait for delivery. I use their pads for heavy training for both pro and amateur fighters with no problem.

I have been happy with both in the past

I have some of revgears 1st run mma gloves...they still hold up

I always had to kick a curve into my thai pads

Precurved look smart!

I have been happy with both in the past

I have some of revgears 1st run mma gloves...they still hold up

I always had to kick a curve into my thai pads

Precurved look smart!

they are really nice pads.

If you got the time post pics of the top 3 for the money

Thanks

So I would suggest spending the money on a decent pair. If you can kick decently the rest of the cheap brands arent gonna hold up to the impact and your forearms will be sore. I like these pads a lot but they are smaller and wouldnt suggest them for bigger guys or power kickers.

https://revgear.com/assassin-muay-thai-pads/

So I would suggest spending the money on a decent pair. If you can kick decently the rest of the cheap brands arent gonna hold up to the impact and your forearms will be sore. I like these pads a lot but they are smaller and wouldnt suggest them for bigger guys or power kickers.

https://revgear.com/assassin-muay-thai-pads/

Man they are out of my range

I was thinking below 75

If you're in Canada Kimura Wear makes some decent stuff and RingtoCage now has a canadian location.

I used to buy all my muay thai pads and gear from kofightgear. amazing quality and extremely (almost too) durable. I don't think they sell stuff anymore though. shame.
When did this happen they were the talk of the town around here in regards to cheap gear.

man tbh i never thought u needed expensive pads for kicking i like good mitts for punching but i feel u should spend more money on shinguards gloves head gear but kick pads ehh 40 should be plenty
Depends on what setting they are being used in (personal vs gym vs pro) and who is kicking them

When did this happen they were the talk of the town around here in regards to cheap gear.
I'm guessing after 2014, since that is the most recent social media activity shown.
The website is up but no products listed or shown.
back in the day there were pics of gear and prices, and then I would just call Neil and order what I wanted over the phone.

Back