Cheap Personal Timer?

BrokenNose

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a new personal timer, the kind that you can strap to your arm or something.

I can only find the $15 or $20 ones on Title. That's expensive for me. Are there any other options? I would like this thing to be reliable, convenient, and cheap. If I have to get the $15 one, I will eventually, but was just wondering if there were cheaper options.

Thanks.

EDIT: One I can carry easily with me, by the way.

You can get free round timer apps for your phone if you use droid or ipod.

Unfortunately, I don't have such a phone, and wont be getting one any time in the near future.

I found one with good reviews for $20. Might just use that, but I might just stick with making playlists on my music player.

Why not get a Gymboss? They work great and are a great price too.

The one my trainer uses at our gym for timing sparring rounds etc is just a cheap $5 cooking timer from the supermarket.

The one my trainer uses at our gym for timing sparring rounds etc is just a cheap $5 cooking timer from the supermarket.

Yea,I've used that as an option as well,my mobile has a countdown timer on and I also use a Gymboss for intervals and tabatas etc: Learn to Run : Kettlebell : Tabata Intervals : HIIT Cardio : MMA Gym Timer : Boxing Timer : Interval Workouts : Weightlifting : Fartlek Training : Gymboss.com if you hunt around u may find it cheaper than that link..

The Gymboss was the one I was looking at. Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot the name of it.

I will probably get that one eventually. The Everlast one apparently isn't reliable at all.

You can get one better than the gymboss for roughly the same price, but it's a little larger. Just search for "interval timer" on ebay. It's the square gray one.

Back