Cheap Multivitamins

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Gary Peters, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Gary Peters

Gary Peters Purple Belt Professional Fighter

Sooooo... anyone besides me take the chewable Centrum Silver as a cheap hole filler to a "good" diet? Centrum Silver doesn't have any iron and I figured a chewable one would digest better, correct me if i'm wrong. :icon_conf

2. Red Sam

Red Sam Blue Belt

i have never used that one.

I'm currently taking GNC's Mega men. they're not bad, i only that them because they are free.

3. onezendad

onezendad Blue Belt

Aren't Centrum Silver the ones that are specially formulated for folks over 60?

Call me a mark of the vitamin makers, but I generally use vitamins that are formulated for non-senior citizen men.

Edit: 50+ sorry
    Centrum

4. Deathmonkey

Deathmonkey Blue Belt

You might as well take your bottle and flush it down the toilet. Cheap multivitamins are exactly that, CHEAP. Look for a whole food vitamin. They are more expensive but the nutrients will actually absorb into the body.

5. ClassicReward***

ClassicReward*** Orange Belt

This forum is really biased. If your multivitamin isnt capsuled then your wasting your time apparently.

Despite the fact that 95% of multis come in tablet form. I guess the whole world is a bunch of fucking idiots wasting their money and time.

6. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

No. Vitamin supplements are not created equal. For any given micronutrient, there are numerous compounds that can be used to deliver that nutrient in a supplement. When you pay more for a quality multivitamin, you're paying for more easily absorbed compounds and less filler junk.

7. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Biased? As in, biased in favor of reality? :icon_conf LOL.

You must be able to see that a majority's willingness to do or believe something has nothing to do with the validity of that action or belief, yes? Lots of people harbor silly beliefs about lots of things.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  8. Origins

Origins Blue Belt

Is there an official multivitamin thread around here? I would be interested in the science/studies relating to what you are saying.

Edit: Found the definitive multivitamin thread by MM. I would still be interested in studies about multivitamins, as there are none linked in MM's thread.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  9. onezendad

onezendad Blue Belt

Have you looked around much?

Jersey Shore
    Lady Gaga
    Twilight
    McDonald's

Most of the world's most successful brands/people are a waste of time and money.

So yea, most of the world is a bunch of fucking idiots wasting their time and money. The rest do their research for proper items to use their money and time on. (Like in the Definitive MultiVit Thread :) )

10. largemansmay***

largemansmay*** Black Belt

I take now adam. To be honest a mutli probably isn't even necessary and you probably won't notice any difference taking one.

11. XMoker

XMoker Blue Belt

Here's Vitamin B6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia an example of...
    Often cross referencing vitamer lists like this one Vitamer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia with the info on your Multi will prove the following true.