Chavez Jr may have fired Freddie Roach for Martinez rematch

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/jc-chavez-jr-leave-to-freddie-roach-157152

A important source has informed Fightnews.com about the possibility that former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. could have ended his training relationship with Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach. According to the source, Chavez Jr has apparently been talking with another Hall of Famer Nacho Beristain as well as Robert Garcia. Chavez Jr has also been using Twitter to challenge current world champion Sergio

Jr should switch careers instead

He won't be pulling too much bullshit during training while he's under Nacho. Anyways, no trainer will help him beat Martinez.

He won't be pulling too much bullshit during training while he's under Nacho. Anyways, no trainer will help him beat Martinez.

Shiiiit nacho might just cut him out.

"Want to sleep until 9 pm? Fuck that bullshit, I'm going home."

Yeah.. Nacho isn't going to be as forgiving as Roach was.. he is more stubborn and cares less about catering to egos to keep talent around his gym.

I don't think any decent coach will want to put up with Chavez's approach to training to be honest

Haha, if he does end up with Nacho I hope they make another 24/7 with him so we can see how that goes.

When will fighters learn that their trainers are not why they lose fights. Sheesh. De La Hoya lost the fights that he lost because of De La Hoya. Chavez Jr. lost because of Chavez Jr. Roach can't fight the fight for him. Neither can Roach do the same for Khan or Pac or whoever else.

Trainers can polish gold, but they can't turn lead into gold. Catch my meaning?

When will fighters learn that their trainers are not why they lose fights. Sheesh. De La Hoya lost the fights that he lost because of De La Hoya. Chavez Jr. lost because of Chavez Jr. Roach can't fight the fight for him. Neither can Roach do the same for Khan or Pac or whoever else.

Trainers can polish gold, but they can't turn lead into gold. Catch my meaning?

Unless their trainer is Buddy McGirt.

Not too smart. Thing is , Roach had a good gameplan for that fight. Junior just didn't follow the blueprint from round to round.

That fight really started to change in the 11th when Junir found that straight right, which you could see Roach working on with Chavez in the locker room,

Is there a trainer out there who can tell jr to, you know, train and follow instructions?

Not like Chavez Jr. even allowed Roach to coach him in the last Martinez fight anyway. Chavez Classic basically coached him from the front row passing messages to him between rounds.

I assume Roach was/is paid for his services.. Jokes on Chavez Jr. if he pays a guy and doesn't use his services. Roach had some easy going nights at the gym.

I assume Roach was/is paid for his services.. Jokes on Chavez Jr. if he pays a guy and doesn't use his services. Roach had some easy going nights at the gym.

For Roach it was easy money, with little effort, but a hit on his reputation.

Let's not forget that JCCJr came pretty damn close to KOing Martinez in dramatic fashion at the very end there. I could see a trainer that kicks his ass in the gym every day molding Jr into a stronger, more effective fighter that could do Martinez in.

Back