News Chatri claims ONE Championship is ‘bigger than UFC’ and has ‘better roster quality’

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
  • CEO insists ‘pedigree of these guys is just different level’ in ONE – ‘De Ridder would strangle the hell out Pereira and Adesanya, first round’
  • Chatri touts ‘record year’ for ‘viewership numbers, revenues, capital raised’ and vows to ‘keep on growing’ in 2023 with 70 events planned
Some choice quotes from the article

“First of all we’re bigger,” Chatri said at a post-event media scrum, when asked about the comparison with the UFC. “Nielsen came out with the industry report eight or nine months ago, on the TV metrics and social and digital. We are bigger – there’s no question – in terms of viewership and engagement around the world.

“If you look at roster quality, what is an average athlete in ONE? He or she is a world champion in one discipline or more prior to joining, at the highest levels. The pedigree of these guys is just different level.

“The average athlete who gets signed by UFC is 8-0 in LFA, or 10-0, or did collegiate wrestling for four years and maybe does Muay Thai for three years. Here you’ve got the best of the best of every discipline.

“Reinier de Ridder, if he recovers 100 per cent and is mentally still there in terms of his confidence, he is the best middleweight on the planet. He would strangle the hell out of Alex Pereira, he would strangle the hell out of Israel Adesanya, first round. These guys don’t have wrestling or grappling.”

“But lastly ask your athletes who’s happier? Which roster has a great relationship with their boss? I understand them. On one side the other boss has never stepped in the ring or a martial arts school.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-...tual_scroll_0&pgtype=article&campaign=3202035

How many people are in the roster?

How many are MMA fighters?

How many are legitimate draws??

Chatri being disingenuous again. I like ONEFC but comments like this are insulting.

Does he think we are stupid??

The population of Asia is so huge that it is possible that their total viewership could possibly exceed the ufc, but they haven’t been able to monetize it since they lost like $100 mil last year. Their kickboxing and Muay Thai rosters are probably better than the ufc because the UFC’s don’t exist.

• CEO insists ‘pedigree of these guys is just different level’ in ONE – ‘De Ridder would strangle the hell out Pereira and Adesanya, first round’
  • Chatri touts ‘record year’ for ‘viewership numbers, revenues, capital raised’ and vows to ‘keep on growing’ in 2023 with 70 events planned
Some choice quotes from the article

“First of all we’re bigger,” Chatri said at a post-event media scrum, when asked about the comparison with the UFC. “Nielsen came out with the industry report eight or nine months ago, on the TV metrics and social and digital. We are bigger – there’s no question – in terms of viewership and engagement around the world.

“If you look at roster quality, what is an average athlete in ONE? He or she is a world champion in one discipline or more prior to joining, at the highest levels. The pedigree of these guys is just different level.

“The average athlete who gets signed by UFC is 8-0 in LFA, or 10-0, or did collegiate wrestling for four years and maybe does Muay Thai for three years. Here you’ve got the best of the best of every discipline.

“Reinier de Ridder, if he recovers 100 per cent and is mentally still there in terms of his confidence, he is the best middleweight on the planet. He would strangle the hell out of Alex Pereira, he would strangle the hell out of Israel Adesanya, first round. These guys don’t have wrestling or grappling.”

“But lastly ask your athletes who’s happier? Which roster has a great relationship with their boss? I understand them. On one side the other boss has never stepped in the ring or a martial arts school.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-...tual_scroll_0&pgtype=article&campaign=3202035

<{ohyeah}>

Chatri...Chatri....Chatri!

Asian sport promotion will never surpass European or American sport promotion.

There is a reason why Fifa are doing their world grand Prix in Qatar because Asian/middle eastern can not create big business without trying to spy,scam or using dictators.

One will never become something and aslong the freedom of speech in journalism is limited in Asia hen can say what he wants.

What a moron. ONE's champions wouldn't win more then 2 or 3/8 champ vs champ against ACA, let alone Bellator let alone the UFC. Mighty Mouse of course, Lineker is always live and Christian Lee is a phenom who I'd kill to see against any of AAA, Usman or Islam.

Good promotion though I enjoy it.

If that fighter was part of Evolve MMA they would never check it.

How often to they test? It is not that they have like Usada.
Lol, the resident irrational ONE hater.
What promotion outside the UFC has testing like UFC has through USADA? I'll tell you: nobody. Nobody does. Such a dumb argument.

What promotion outside the UFC has testing like UFC has through USADA? I'll tell you: nobody. Nobody does. Such a dumb argument.
The ufc had to cancel aliakbari s contract because he's so pumped full of roids, yet he's fighting in ONE no issues at all.

Promoters gonna promote.

These comparisons of which organization is bigger or better are funny when fans get riled up. Each has its pluses & minuses.

More ego, more delusional, more money burned. They do have a lot more of a few things.

I think it’s the fact that no oversight exists. Plus things like lying about WADA and numerous other questionable things. He was also saying nobody in ONE cheats because ONE fighters follow a warrior code of ethic.

I like ONE as a product and I’m no UFC fanboy. I like the rules better, that they showcase various disciplines. I even get onboard with fighters having strong chances outside of ONE (RDR, Lee etc). But I’m skeptical when it comes to weight cutting behind closed doors, testing and financial claims. It’s clear they use bots and lie about many things. Still, this doesn’t impact the product for me I just think Chatri is a joke.

But Chatri is a lying piece of shit. He talks out of his asshole. Recently claims Lee went to Hawaii and tooled RIZIN champions, so RIZIN is basically beneath them and he would never consider co-promoting with them? Because of his anecdotes about Lee? Really? RIZIN is a great org with competent fighters and a co event would be amazing. While I don’t doubt Lee might “tool” their champion the entire thing was bullshit and that instance doesn’t dismiss an entire org with many compelling matchups elsewhere.

One last example of how outrageous this guy is from the OP quotes.

“But lastly ask your athletes who’s happier? Which roster has a great relationship with their boss? I understand them.”

He literally has contract clauses that the fighters can’t speak negatively of him or the org. When they have? Gag orders and legal threats. What a joke. The commentators, announcers and fighters kissing his ass is literally something he’s pushing them to do and he cares about himself (his ego) way too much. When he is criticized for anything he loses his shit, you can see him turning red in interview over anything (like asking about finances). Look at the reviews about him left by employees and listen to fighters once they’re able to speak freely. I think Dana especially at this point is much more chill. Chatri is like a coked up crypto bro trying to get people to buy in on smoke and mirrors. Both have plenty of negatives.

Last edited:
too bad those facebook and social media metrics dont turn into revenue.

To be fair they are biggest mixed combat org having all the different fighting in it but dude just tries too hard to put himself and One on the same level as UFC. When you have to keep telling people that it means its not true and you're trying to convince yourself of it cause if it were true you wouldnt have to say it.

Dude should focus on not losing 100 mill a year but I'm guessing next year when nobody can see the numbers they will have turned it all around and will be making a profit and viewers and revenue etc will be all record breaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back