Chasing Mediocrity

OHP
5x105
5x95

Deadlift
5x145
5x130

Lifted first thing in the morning today rather than at night, felt fine.

Last edited:
OHP
5x115
5x105

Deads
5x165
5x150

My form is definitely improving doing the same lifts every day, good practice. Having reread the pttp book, I stopped warming up and am doing my mobility work and stretches afterwards.

Have some lower back stiffness today. Didn't seem to get worse when weightlifting. I've been working in some akward spots at work, and also slept quite a bit longer than usual (9-10 hours) the last two days, so may be related to that. Or I still need to adapt to the training frequency. This time last week my back was bugging me a bit too. It feels like it's my spine itself but I know lower back pain can be difficult to localize.

OHP
5x130
5x115

Deadlfit
5x195
5x175

OHP starting to feel heavy. Noticed the bar tending to drift forward on deads, gotta remember to keep my lats tight.

OHP
5x135
5x120

Deads
5x205
5x185

I'll be pleasantly surprised if I nail all my OHPs tomorrow, if I lift. May push it to Monday. Between this and work my right elbow has been quite sore, don't want to push it. Will see how it feels tomorrow

OHP
1x140
5x140
5x125

Deadlift
5x215
5x195

Did the single on ohp cause I sneezed after the first rep and ditched the bar lol. Happy I got the reps though. Deads are still uber light, just working on my form and gonna keep ramping up. When I run out of plates for deadlift I'm either gonna buy more plates, or start over with snatch grip deads. Leaning towards the latter, may be a more complete excercise anyway. Greater ROM, quad, and lat involvement. Now that the weights are getting a little heavier it's crazy to me how light the backoff sets feel.

OHP
5x145
5x130

Deads
5x225
5x205

My last ohp was stuck over my head for a full second or so before it went up. 150 tomorrow? Deadlift still just working on form/symmetry, going fine.

OHP
3x150
4x135

Deads
5x235
5x210

Curlz
2x15x65

Time to reset OHP. Kind of a crap workout overall. Have been working long days and haven't been sleeping all that much, think I felt that today. Felt like my right leg wasn't really firing on deads. On my first clean (for ohp, no rack), my timing was off and I hit my belt lol. Trouble staying tight on OHP. Also added some light curls because I've been bending tube like a maniac at work for the last week and my right bicep has been awfully tight as a result.

OHP
5x95
5x95

Deads
5x245
5x220

Deads suddenly felt very heavy. Maybe cause the ohp was light so i'm not as expecting of a heavy weight, who knows. It's still nowhwere close to my Max. OHP just working on speed/tightness. Also I gotta do some googling and figure out how to clean and press. Idk if there's a trick to it, but I'm quite good at powercleans and presses individually, but when I powerclean properly it doesn't put my hands/shoulders in the best position for the press.

OHP
5x115
5x115

Deadlift
5x265
5x240

Lifted first thing in morning, about 15 minutes after I woke up. Think I felt the lack of blood sugars towards the end of my first set of deadlifts lol

OHP
5x120
5x115

Deadlift
5x275
5x250

I seem to have a little bit of assymetry on deadlift. My right leg feels almost unstable and my left very planted on the way up, I may be pulling with a bit of twist. It feels kind of like my right leg is pushing while my left is pulling. Just trying to concentrate on keeping that symmetrical. Also seems like when I focus on keeping my lats tight, my brain seems to want to round my lower back too. Weird.

OHP
5x130
5x115

Deadlift
5x295
5x265

Didn't lift Friday cause I got a couple stitches right in the belly of my index finger. Figured I'd give it a few days to glue itself back together.

Today went fine but everything felt heavy, hard time with tightness on ohp and explosiveness on both lifts. Funny how different a weight can feel day to day.

If all goes to plan, I'm gonna lift 4 days this week and run out of plates on deadlift at the end of the week (305 tomorrow, 315 Thursday, 320 Friday). At that point I'll reset to 135 and start over with snatch grip deads.

OHP
5x135
5x120

Deadlift
3x305

Crapped out on deadlift. Weird, thought I could lift more than that lol. Guess I got weaker than I thought. Gonna go back down to 175 and go up 15 every session, that should put me back to where I'm at in a few weeks.

OHP
5x140
5x125

Taking this workout and the next off from deadlift. Also, weight felt stupid heavy again. I'm gonna try to avoid lifting in the morning, seems to be a correlation with am lifting and how heavy everything feels lol.

OHP
5x150
5x135

Deadlift
5x175
5x155

PR on OHP, three weeks ago I only got 3 reps on 150. Going for 155 tomorrow/Wednesday. Light deads felt great, was super explosive on them. Definitely moving that weight faster than last cycle. Not sure if I'm gonna lift 3, 4 or 5 times this week, Working 12s all week and probably won't have a weekend.

Back