Charlo PPV 120k Buys

Lucky you guys. We just recently got extended to 10pm... before that 6pm. Going on months and months of no night life.
Nice. If these bars here are dead then the ones that normally stay open until 2 AM will close earlier but if there's a small group of people then they'll stay open until normal closing time. So, it depends really. I definitely avoid going out more than I have to but my brother came to visit week before last so we hit the bars and went bar hopping several nights in a row. Prior to that recent stint I can count on one hand how many times I've had a night out on the town.

Here they require us to buy food in order to stay (could be a bag of chips) and we're not allowed to actually sit at the bar. It's mostly been a ghost town experience here even on the weekends but I had a good time regardless, met a really cute bartender chick, and since not many people are around to compete I can stake claim to the jukebox lol.

Where are you at that bars stay open past 10pm ?????

they stay open, but don't serve alcohol.

Second venue I went to (Twin Peaks, if you really want to know) stopped seating/serving ... so we just watched the remaining 3 UFC fights (which all ended in the 2nd round) standing.

Thats about 100k more then it should have.

Is it me, or are the Charlo brothers completely unmarketable?

No joke, but having practically identical names does not help.

It's probably becasue damn near 70 fights between them, and they've managed do dodge anybody with a name,whilst beefing with Broner and Tank FFS.
It's hard to stay interested knowing they'll keep doing the same crap this year, next year and so forth.

I actually bought it because I wanted to watch it on the big screen since it was such a long night of fights. Support boxing was how I talked myself into it.
I expected to be one of 75k, maybe. lol
I'd say they wish it was more but are glad it's not less (as they feared) in this instance.

An undisputed champion of his division is not overrated.
Only on Sherdog. Now that both dudes destroyed the 2 guys posters thought they would have trouble with or get beat by they have to keep saying overrated to protect their ego...

120k isn't that bad considering the headliners, I guess. And it wasn't the worst night of fights. Both Charlos opponents had a pulse, let's hope they stick to this kind of foes.

Last edited:
It's probably becasue damn near 70 fights between them, and they've managed do dodge anybody with a name,whilst beefing with Broner and Tank FFS.
It's hard to stay interested knowing they'll keep doing the same crap this year, next year and so forth.

This might've been sort of accurate like 3 or 4 years ago. Jermell is clearly the top fighter in his division and Jermall just beat a top MW clearer than either Golovkin or Jacobs.

LOL. Discrediting undisputed champions is very 2020.
Well theres Jarrett Hurd, Lubin, and who else in that division? Teixeira pulled an upset against Adames last year but hasnt been active

Well theres Jarrett Hurd, Lubin, and who else in that division? Teixeira pulled an upset against Adames last year but hasnt been active

Don't forget Erislandy Lara .. he holds a WBA title of sort.

and Lubin sits WBC mandatory to Jermell Charlo

**just rewatched Jermall's fight in its entirety. Have to say I appreciated the tactics and game planning of Jermall, he fought a very smart fight and stayed away from brawling on the inside - which was probably the only way Chenko could have realistically won (especially given the huge reach advantage)

Back