Charlo PPV 120k Buys

Is it me, or are the Charlo brothers completely unmarketable?

No joke, but having practically identical names does not help.

They just don't build fighters like they used to.

Charlo brothers are bad. And they go after people. They both have iron chins and that makes for fun fights. The numbers should be higher but I think this is a lack of promotion/building a following. They can fight and they talk a lot of shit. lol.

They should be PPV attractions but the numbers say they aren't. The Charlo's hold their end of the bargain up imo.

Is it me, or are the Charlo brothers completely unmarketable?

No joke, but having practically identical names does not help.
How are they unmarketable? They are 2 of the most exciting fighters in the sport . One undefeated...one with a great almost perfect record that he avenged.
Aggressive, emotional ,argumentative personalities seem to work for Colby and Connor....

Charlo brothers are bad. And they go after people. They both have iron chins and that makes for fun fights. The numbers should be higher but I think this is a lack of promotion/building a following. They can fight and they talk a lot of shit. lol.

They should be PPV attractions but the numbers say they aren't. The Charlo's hold their end of the bargain up imo.
They are promoting themselves on social media and YouTube a lot. I think they will catch on. I think Canelo has just cast a pretty big shadow at those weights...

How are they unmarketable? They are 2 of the most exciting fighters in the sport . One undefeated...one with a great almost perfect record that he avenged.
Aggressive, emotional ,argumentative personalities seem to work for Colby and Connor....
if it was UFC Boxing with Charlo it would've doubled the buys in brand awareness and name alone. PBC doesn't have anyone out front pushing these events. Bob does what he can does Top Rank but he's still an old white man who is out of touch with what their fanbase wants. Saying "oh we want this guy" then never making an offer to them is worn out, people see through it, then you get match ups like Bud/Khan

Well yeah, but nobody is tuning in to watch them

Does that include "streaming" numbers?

A network making 9 mill in one night right now would be very happy.

I’m happy for them. I know the expectations were super low. I think the Jermell Charlo vs. Tony Harrison rivalry was a major factor in this. The controversial decision generated a lot of interest in the rematch. The rematch had a lot of trash talk which generated a decent amount of hype and anticipation for part 2, and Charlo/Harrison 2 lived up to the expectations. In my opinion coming fresh off that interesting rivalry was a pretty big factor here. . . And in Jermall’s case, this was a fight a lot of people thought he was gonna lose which I think generated interest in his fight. I did buy the ppv. I hope as they have continued success the numbers keep climbing

I'll halfway agree, while the 2 fights with Harrison definitely upped Jermell's profile (and I 100% agree the rematch was an AWESOME fight- very back and forth and fun to watch) it happened December of last year.

I dunno how much crossover Charlo having a 2 fight series with Tony Harrison translates to "I'd pay $75 to see him on PPV"

but interesting take, and I respect your opinion because those fights with Harrison had great promotion and hype and did follow through with a memorable FUN fight.

That's cool you saw it - I caught all of Jermall's fight (see below) but then 10pm hit, the intermission was a momentum killer, the spot couldn't get UFC on, so headed somewhere else. Had UFC NOT been on, I'd probably have rode it out.

120703161_256321145690636_640781589654485120_n.png

to think, the Charlo's headline their first PPV and the cost is - $74.99. ROUCH

I'm not one to say who should/shouldn't be on PPV or not, but damn near $75 is a lot to fork over. And wasn't Wilder-Fury 2 $84.99

actually they are like the most watched fighters on Fox

Well being most watched on FOX is one thing. Getting fans to pay and watch is a whole nother story.

yes, big names sell PPV's which the Charlos are not

Sick burn, but true. It's not always the QUALITY of the fighters or match up, it's more who is fighting. And nothing sells like a big name - Tyson, De La Hoya, Canelo, Mayweather etc

I'll halfway agree, while the 2 fights with Harrison definitely upped Jermell's profile (and I 100% agree the rematch was an AWESOME fight- very back and forth and fun to watch) it happened December of last year.

I dunno how much crossover Charlo having a 2 fight series with Tony Harrison translates to "I'd pay $75 to see him on PPV"

but interesting take, and I respect your opinion because those fights with Harrison had great promotion and hype and did follow through with a memorable FUN fight.

That's cool you saw it - I caught all of Jermall's fight (see below) but then 10pm hit, the intermission was a momentum killer, the spot couldn't get UFC on, so headed somewhere else. Had UFC NOT been on, I'd probably have rode it out.

120703161_256321145690636_640781589654485120_n.png

to think, the Charlo's headline their first PPV and the cost is - $74.99. ROUCH

I'm not one to say who should/shouldn't be on PPV or not, but damn near $75 is a lot to fork over. And wasn't Wilder-Fury 2 $84.99

Well being most watched on FOX is one thing. Getting fans to pay and watch is a whole nother story.

Sick burn, but true. It's not always the QUALITY of the fighters or match up, it's more who is fighting. And nothing sells like a big name - Tyson, De La Hoya, Canelo, Mayweather etc
Where are you at that bars stay open past 10pm ?????

Charlo’s are highly overrated in my opinion.
How so????? I'm so annoyed with people saying this. No offense lol..
Who at their weights other than Canelo would be favored or could beat them?
People just love to shit on these guys like its the posh thing to do. They have been underrated for the longest and they are now just starting to get the recognition they deserve. Later for overrated...
Also, everytime their haters think that they are over matched, they wind up DESTROYING the competition. They are action fighters, with high level skills, intense work ethic, and solid chins.

Back