Charles wining belt on 28th fight a new record?

RogerD

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Bisping won the UFC belt on his 26th fight with the organization.. Charles won on his 28th fight.. this has to be a new record for amount of fights it took to finally become champ in UFC.
I can’t think of anyone else that took that long to grab UFC gold. I doubt even Lawler had that many fights- especially since he left the promotion for awhile.
I see Charles being a HOF’er now with his submission records and now being a champ.
Also- Shortest amount of time it took to become champ is Anderson Silva, beating Ace right after destroying Leben, became champ in his 2nd UFC fight.

Technically, wouldn't Aldo and ronda be faster than silva at getting the strap since they came into UFC and their respective 1st fight was for the belt?

Ahh you’re right. They did fight for the ufc belt in their first fight in the UFC - altho I guess in my mind they were defenses? Since their belt from other organizations just carried over?

Technically, wouldn't Aldo and ronda be faster than silva at getting the strap since they came into UFC and their respective 1st fight was for the belt?

I like Charles as a champ, it was nice seeing him win after grinding in the UFC for so long. I think from now on the LW belt is going to change hands a lot. I don't good enough to dominate the division and hold the belt

Back