Charles Oliveria is what we hoped Tony Ferguson would be

Actually cashew,

Charles pulled an RDA career type shift. That comparison is more appropriate imo

I would say less tough but arguably more dangerous moment to moment, doesnt just depend on pace to win.

Is probably the reason he's aged better than Tony as well who is now looking shot.

No way.
Charles is a discplined fighter with great fundamentals and technique. Tony is like the complete opposite

Huh?
Do you know anything about Tony?

I will say that I think the train has missed Tony.. the guys are bigger and stronger now. Tony is still a legend and god bless him.

Huh?
Do you know anything about Tony?

I will say that I think the train has missed Tony.. the guys are bigger and stronger now. Tony is still a legend and god bless him.
I'm not knocking off his dedication to training, we all know he's a madman when it comes that.

He doesn't have the chin that Tony did.

More like Charles Oliveira is what we hoped Charles Oliveira would be.

I remember when Oliveira was already being hyped as a future champion going into his first fight with Miller before being kneebarred and suffering his first defeat, and that was just his 3rd UFC fight. It's been a long time coming but he's finally reached the potential many thought he had way back then.

I followed MMA from 2005ish to 2016ish. I never really knew who Tony Ferguson was until starting back this year. He is a pretty surprising celebrity considering I have never (or my gym of pro-MMA fighters) really said much about it. Last I remember Weidmann, Mighty Mouse, TJ, Conor, JDS, Cain were popular. I am glad that people have recognized this fighter though and I hope he has good success in the future. Charles Oliveira seemed to be very dominant every time I have watched him. People would drill some of his clinch game.
Best of luck to Tony and Charles.

Tony won his fights with his incredible recovery from his medicore chin...and insane endurance.....how many of tony's fights was he in trouble but came out with the W? lol.....

Charles is very technical and Tony is very unorthodox, Charles is just superior in every aspect of MMA than Tony

Prime Tony is what I hoped Tony would be, and he was. One of the most exciting fighters ever, interim champ and longtime top contender.

But he got old so I guess he was never any good.

Theyre .more similar than we think. Use range well, slicing elbows standing, in gaurd or off their back. Good knees. Great subs tho Oli is much better, a better all around grappler, wrestling, bjj guy. He also has much better boxing. Their body type is also the same, tho i agree they aproach fighting from completly diferent angles

More like Charles Oliveira is what we hoped Charles Oliveira would be.

I remember when Oliveira was already being hyped as a future champion going into his first fight with Miller before being kneebarred and suffering his first defeat, and that was just his 3rd UFC fight. It's been a long time coming but he's finally reached the potential many thought he had way back then.
Yeah, I remember seeing him in his UFC debut and thinking he was going to be something special, I had recently said the same about Jon Jones. Then it was a stop and go career for years where he'd kill his momentum with a string of losses. I was always happy to see his name on a card but wrote him off as a real title contender long ago.

I'm so happy I was wrong. It's extra special to see fighters push through those skids and never give up mentally, that's especially hard to do in MMA. Took over a decade but Mystic Slick called it right after all.

tony should be appreciated for what he did. People are acting like he didnt live up to his potential. He was 15-1 to start his ufc career and put on show after show. Major knee injury followed by some ass kicking's and being older for the lighter weight classes caught up to him.

Back