Media Charles Oliveira's 8-fight winning streak

Has he? It's not like his competition has been the greatest in most of the streak, and he's not really been put in too many tough spots. But we'll find out soon I imagine, one way or another.

Yeah, I want to think he's changed, but he's in the Dustin Poirier category for me. Can't trust him to win a title after all the times he's fallen apart
Dustin would be champion if khabib didn't exist. Yes over Tony as sad it is to say

Dustin would be champion if khabib didn't exist. Yes over Tony as sad it is to say
I think it's possible, Chandler is a tough matchup, Gaethje wouldn't be a pushover in a rematch either. Or Islam. Dustin is great, but need to see him win a title ya know? He's fallen short too many times, and his lackluster defensive wrestling is a big liability in an actually good division.

And yes I was grateful I never saw Tony/Dustin, brutal match up for Tony.

You have to look at the level of competition. Oliveira was always great at putting away mediocre fighters. When he steps up in competition, he gets steamrolled. Chandler will finish him.
The xfactor for me is age. Chandler is going to be 35 and has miles. Oliveira is the younger, longer, faster fighter.

Last edited:
It's a under the radar streak. Because of losing key fights in the past he's not really thought as a future champ. But the streak is up there with most impressive. And he dominates with skills. I can see him getting the belt and defending.

The xfactor for me is age. Chandler is going to be 35 and has miles. Oliveira is the younger, faster fighter.
That could play a role, but I don’t think Chandler has looked old or slow in his last few fights, and it’s not like Oliveira is a spring chicken himself.

Oliviera picks Chandler apart from the outside. 49-46 victory.

Remember Barao/Faber 1? Yeah this will look like that.
All I kept thinking is how is Chandler feeling to get inside? If Chandler takes him down, oliveira would be okay with that. It might look like will brooks-Chandler

• That could play a role, but I don’t think Chandler has looked old or slow in his last few fights, and it’s not like Oliveira is a spring chicken himself.

Oliveira is 31. Less wars. Chandler is~35 with wars.

All I kept thinking is how is Chandler feeling to get inside? If Chandler takes him down, oliveira would be okay with that. It might look like will brooks-Chandler
Chandler's gameplan will be interesting. Judging from his interviews it seems like he’s aiming to make Oli quit in there by pushing the pace. He's going with the "once a quitter always a quitter" thing

I disagree with him but let's see. I just see Oli countering the shit out of him. Henri Hooft is not to be underastimated as a coach tho.

Yes! I loved his subs on lamas and pettis the most.
Fighters can improve, especially in their twenties. You're referencing two losses from 5 years ago and one loss from 10 years ago, when Oliveira was 21. How many 21 year olds are in the UFC? Almost none. Oliveira is a much better fighter than he was 5 years ago.

Fighters can improve, especially in their twenties. You're referencing two losses from 5 years ago and one loss from 10 years ago, when Oliveira was 21. How many 21 year olds are in the UFC? Almost none. Oliveira is a much better fighter than he was 5 years ago.
Sure so is Fedor and Anderson Silva. They got better in last five years too.

The only reason Charles went on that run is cause the quality of his opponents declined. Guys he’s fighting are off their primes. The version of Tony he beat for example even you could beat most likely.

The only reason Charles went on that run is cause the quality of his opponents declined. Guys he’s fighting are off their primes. The version of Tony he beat for example even you could beat most likely.
Oliveira is 31 years old. Fedor is 44 and Silva is 46. Not at all comparable.

If he beats Chandler, you will say Chandler was too old

Haven’t seen this big a mismatch in a title fight in a while. The UFC will do it’s job and make this fight seemed competitive but Oliviera wins this easy.
You havent seen Masvidal x Usman? Or Nunes x Megan? This fight is competitive and just like his fight with Hooker, people underestimate Chandler.

Oliveira is 31 years old. Fedor is 44 and Silva is 46. Not at all comparable.
I am trolling man. Of course I know Charles is good also him getting subbed by pettis and lamas was not a due to being outgrappled but a result of the strikes that led to it

You havent seen Masvidal x Usman? Or Nunes x Megan? This fight is competitive and just like his fight with Hooker, people underestimate Chandler.
It's actually The opposite. People underestimate Chucky because of his past

It's actually The opposite. People underestimate Chucky because of his past
It's not, really. It can be both, but Chandler does get underestimated a lot. People always refer to his bad losses, instead of looking at his skills. His skillset is great and so is Oliveira's. May the best man win

Back