Charles Oliveira vs. Nik Lentz 3 added to May/Rochester FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/ufc-rochester-charles-oliveira-vs-nik-lentz-trilogy-fight-new-york

SIR

UFC on ESPN+ 9 takes place May 18 at Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester Community War Memorial. The event streams on ESPN+.

In a featured bout, lightweights
Charles Oliveira (26-8 MMA, 14-8 UFC) and Nik Lentz (30-9-1 MMA, 14-6-1 UFC) will face off a third time in a rivalry that stretches over eight years and two fights. Oliveira is on a tear that includes four consecutive submission victories, while Lentz has won his past two. The last time they met, in 2015, Oliveira got the third-round tap.

Not sure why we need to see this pairing for a third time. Plenty of new/fresh matchups for both guys. I know that he has folded when he has faced top flight competition, but Oliveira should be facing a top 15 opponent and give Lentz another legit opponent, just not someone he has already faced twice before.

The trilogy we all needed

All we need now is Jacare vs Camozzi 3

Strange fight to add.

Both fights Da Bronx proved he was the better fighter.

I didn't think we needed a trilogy fight for this.

Why isn't Olivera fighting up the ladder?

The trilogy we all needed

All we need now is Jacare vs Camozzi 3
I honestly thought we were gonna see it when Romero dropped out with Jacare lol.

Hopefully one will pull out. The last two fights were fun but no way do we need a 3rd fight.

HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Lol Oliveira is on the tour of beating up fringe contenders of yesteryear. Fuck that guy, I hope he gets ktfo. Gets fucked up anytime he fights someone below the age of 35.

I like it. Really enjoyed that rivalry when it first came around.

Still makes more sense than Cody vs TJ 2 did.

Not surprised mfers.

Rochester Community War Memorial...

Sounds like something they ripped off from the movie Slapshot.

yeM.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back