Charles Oliveira Vs Kevin Lee set for UFC Brasilia main event

Brilliant matchmaking. This is where Oliveira shows his visible ceiling though, he always falls short against top competition after destroying mid-lower level guys.

Hey, I hear what you're saying but if he loses this one (and I think he will) we'll finally get to see him settle the beef with Nik Lentz once and for all. Everyone knows you have to beat a man like 50 times consecutively before you can claim supremacy!

Will this be the win that gets the monkey off of Charles Oliveira is back

Horrible matchup for Lee. But I’m pulling for him

Very good fight for both of them.
The winner should be one more win away from a title shot, IMO.
LOL

This is an irrelevant fight. If Khabib beats Tony, he moves on to McGregor (if McGregor beats Cerrone). If Tony beats Khabib, then his options will be 1) McGregor (if McGregor beats Cerrone) 2) Khabib rematch 3) Justin Gaethje 4) Dustin Poirier.

The winner of Oliveira vs Lee has to keep winning for the next 2 years to get a title shot. LOL

I don't get it though. A loss for either guy would be devastating to their careers. What was the logic behind this? Surely they could've found more suitable matchups? If Lee loses, it'd be terrible. All the Tristar hope and hype disappears. If Oliveira loses, people will lose faith in his ability to break into top 10. I'll root for Lee but I really don't want either guy to lose. I think this may have been a mistake. Best possible outcome is a close split decision for either guy.... But let's be serious this shit ain't going five rounds <{JustBleed}>

Lee was getting touched by Gillespie, got jabbed alot, eventhough Lee has a 77" reach and Gillespie only 71". His lowstance protected him from takedowns but imo he didn't looked great. Charles got a much crisper striking game than Gillespie, and his ground game doesn't need introduction, it's fucking deadly. And at 74" reach those punches will have way more impact, so Lee won't be able to use that weird stance as much.

If it goes to the ground, I see fighter Kevin Lee wanting to get up as soon as possible, Charles might make him work, Lee will gas, Charles will get him in a triangle or something. Didn't see him win the Islam fight, this one neither.

Considering how easily Felder muscled through Oliveira with little to no technique, I would expect GSLee to have an even easier time. But who knows. Tony snapped him fast, RDA subbed him, too... and Charles is on a nice streak and growing into the weight class.

Fun match up.

If Aloe Vera gets off first or catches Kevin being too aggressive then it's his fight to win. If Lee can weather the storm then Charles will 100% fold and give up. Should be super exciting either way.

Flip a coin.

Perfect match-up to see if Olivera is finally legit or not.

I got Lee by TKO round 3.
Oliveria has had a tonne of chances to prove he is a title contender. Basically every time he has not managed to climb to that next level.

Check out his rise and fall over the last 8 years.

He is stringing em together now though. In his current streak he has a couple of old-names in Miller, Guida and Lentz and a decent win over Teymur. the rest of the guys are the usual scrubs he fights.

upload_2020-1-16_11-11-55.png

Back