Charles Oliveira Suggests Lightweight Grand Prix to Decide New Champion

ArkhamAsylum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/C...ight-Grand-Prix-to-Decide-New-Champion-175912

20170407081412_10_Oliveira.JPG

All I can say is , HELLS YES

I say take the Top 10 LW fighters and 6 wild cards to make it crazy for a 16 man tournament

Would be fun if so many factors didn't cause such things to frequently fall apart.

That would be fucking sick but it would ruin the chances of Diaz/McGregor III for the LW title so it's doubtful the UFC will do it

I wish it'd be a Pride style tournament with two fights on one night at the end

with covid pull outs and replacements
we end up with dober vs dariush for the vacant at the end lol
Dober goes on the have the longest title reign in LW history. Khabib comes out of retirement showing interest. Khabib is bested in a 5 round war.

GSP returns to challenge Dober. Wins the title by razor close decision and retires again. Dana bursts into flames.

I like it but will never happen.

Justin, Conor, Dustin, Tony
vs
Oliveira, Hooker, Chandler, winner of RDA/Islam

Dober goes on the have the longest title reign in LW history. Khabib comes out of retirement showing interest. Khabib is bested in a 5 round war.

GSP returns to challenge Dober. Wins the title by razor close decision and retires again. Dana bursts into flames.
let me clean my self off now. lol
priceless lol

Might be a little too "Bellatory" for the UFC.

They should something like the Super Six Middleweight tournament.

Top 6 in a seed style pick or can pick randomly who they will fight at the weigh in like the Ultimate Boxxer tournaments which would be fun, do press conferences with all fighters who dont know exactly who theyre fighting would be great

Gaethje, Poirier, Ferguson, McGregor, Hooker, Oliviera

I am all for the UFC filling vacant titles through a tournament format. But not on TUF.

They should something like the Super Six Middleweight tournament.

Top 6 in a seed style pick or can pick randomly who they will fight at the weigh in like the Ultimate Boxxer tournaments which would be fun, do press conferences with all fighters who dont know exactly who theyre fighting would be great

Gaethje, Poirier, Ferguson, McGregor, Hooker, Oliviera
I really want a press conference with the top 6 now would be carnage

Realistically a tournament of some sort for the LW belt is a good way to make it more legitimate in the eyes of fans as well, feels less of a paper champ if they have to defeat the top contenders to get it even though Khabib really overshadows that division now

Back