Charles Oliveira has 7 straight wins, all finishes. He should only fight the champ or # 1 contender.

Then you realize that Kevin Lee is the first top 10 opponent he has beat. He is 1-8 against top 10.

The UFC has argued in court that their belts aren’t meant to signify who is the best in the world. They are just promotional tools used to sell fights

Yeah, in court... which is the only place Dana and the UFC can’t intentionally mislead the public so they can continue to line their pockets.

Yeah, in court... which is the only place Dana and the UFC can’t intentionally mislead the public so they can continue to line their pockets.

How many people do you really think care? I think the purists are a minority. Most fans value the spectacle abs entertainment aspect of fight fighting over pure sport

How many people do you really think care? I think the purists are a minority. Most fans value the spectacle abs entertainment aspect of fight fighting over pure sport

Khabib cares.

Fans care.

Legitimacy in sport matters quite a bit. I don’t take polls or make wild guesses, but fans care too, just not all.

chukie olives got his whole shit broke by paul felder
paul felder dominated him on the ground

you think this guy is elite? he has to prove it

Yes, he's earned it fighting a murderer's row. Derp

chukie olives got his whole shit broke by paul felder
paul felder dominated him on the ground

you think this guy is elite? he has to prove it
tumblr_p0g509RRSk1rofocqo9_250.gifv

this is true, I like Aloe Vera (soothes the skin) but he’s gotta beat someone elite before anyone starts talking about a title shot.

He’s campaigning for it, hopefully Tony accepts

He’s getting the Tony Ferguson treatment. It’s almost bad luck to win too many fights in a row in that division, unless your name is Khabib.
Khabib was treated the same, they wouldn't let him near top contenders for a long time.

I’d like to see him beat a top 5 guy first. A few of those wins aren’t that great. He tends to quit when things get tough or against a game opponent.
to be fair he seems to have gotten a lot better at taking shots and his striking has improved massively.

he was walking down kevin lee and eating everything while landing the better shots, and tuning guys up on the feet lately. even though it's just kevin lee i feel like oliveira from a couple years ago would have folded in that fight.

as someone else said, i think hooker would be a great fight and if he were to win then we'd know for sure he's reached a whole new level. if that happened though i'd have hooker lol.

Yeah because wins over Nik lentz and Jared Gordon definitely deserve a title shot<{cruzshake}>

Quality of wins matter.

Quality of wins>number of wins
Problem is how do you get those quality fights? Apparently winning 10 in a row doesn’t work. He should be rewarded for going on streak. These fighters can’t just go up the ladder on every step. There’s not enough time for that. It’s money and draw and he’s getting shafted over it.

Oliveira has himself to blame. He had a streak of losing to top guys when he was to be determined if he was a real deal, now he has a streak of pulling out from such fights. I really like what he brings but it's a shame that in reality he came up short so far.

Charles finished many guys who were really good and destined to breaking into the top15 (Like Teymur) But still. His only top10 win is Lee who was #8 was the time.

Some fans argue that no matter how many wins you have - they're still surpassed by a single top-5-win

Last edited:
Problem is how do you get those quality fights? Apparently winning 10 in a row doesn’t work. He should be rewarded for going on streak. These fighters can’t just go up the ladder on every step. There’s not enough time for that. It’s money and draw and he’s getting shafted over it.
7 win streak against prelim fighters should land you a top 5 fighter. Anything more is a tall ask.

If it so happens to be against a number 1 contender, take it.

if its against a ranked 4 or 5, take it.

Winning against nik lentz shouldn't allow you to dictate where you should go. If oliveira was a talker though, he could skip the line. He's not so, buddy will wait until his opportunity. that's the nature of the business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back