"Charisma" - just another way to say, "personality"?

Should just cumulate all these responses with - "I have no fucking clue - but here's my best guess".

It wasn't a question - it was a statement.

A personality - a good one - lends itself to high emotion and is dynamic and therefore, approachable and relatable to.

And yes, 99% of the UFC roster have NONE of this.

McGregor is a train wreck waiting to happen; Adesyna and Masvidal probably come closest - and they're both what you call "wanna-be's" or "try-hards" in every day terms.

Fighters with amenable personalities - typically don't make it as fighters.

To me it is.

This is in direct response to the Adesyna thread.

So - obviously McGregor reigns supreme here.

Having charisma is having personality - synonymous?

On Adesyna - charisma?
Well - he tries, and he believe in that in which he tries in; 99% of UFC fighters and successful fighters and general are plain and boring; no charisma, no personality - dull - it seems a pre-requisite to being a fighter - obsessive, routine, dull, don't want to listen them.

So - relative to general population - Adesyna does well.

Charisma is a personality trait.

Read sometimes dude. Then sit there and think.

Especially before you post something like this to let the whole world know how out of touch you are

The same personality in two different settings, one has charisma one does not.

CMweb_2.98.jpg

Nope. Everyone has a personality. Not everyone has charisma.

Charisma is a trait that inspires others to like you and pay attention to what you say and do.

Tbh I don't think adesanya is a charismatic guy. He's a weirdo who likes animes and memes but definitely no it factor. Dana is trying to milk the fact that he's remotely similar to anderson and jones lol.

Nope. Everyone has a personality. Not everyone has charisma.

Charisma is a trait that inspires others to like you and pay attention to what you say and do.
This. One can have personality without charisma, but you cant have charisma without personality. People who are charismatic inspire others to like or follow them.

Not really.
A person can have great charisma and a shitty personality.

No charisma is directly related to charm and having interpersonal savvy.
Personality covers the full spectrum of all personality types and is a much broader brush.

Etymologically, a speaker having Charism means they have divine mandate to pronounce doctrine (to their charges).

Over time in popular discourse that basically sorta just devolved into 'someone who people (want to) listen to'.

Back