Changing your oil

Are you the type that pays someone else to work on your vehicles because you are too beta to do it yourself? I work on my truck bike and do most of the work on my jetski.

Sherdoggers, for the most, don't work on their vehicles. You can tell that most posters haven't spent much time using tools (on vehicles or otherwise).

I buy my own oil/filter and my mechanic charges me $15 to come to my house and changes it outside... I think Id rather pay him, seems simple but it looks like too much of a pain in the ass

$15 for a complete job? That's a good deal.

IMO only a fool would pull his tools out for that price, but that's not on you...

nahh, i have my wife do it for me

Blonde-motor-oil-laundry.gif

Lol at oil changes. I drive it til the engine locks up and buy another.

dude it baffles me as to how many people don't know how to change oil. Depressing really.

Anyway i use Royal Purple on my Mustang GT.

Yessir. I actually enjoy hanging out in the garage, having a few beers and changing the oil in my car.

I use Valvoline Full Synthetic and FRAM oil filters.

Are you the type that pays someone else to work on your vehicles because you are too beta to do it yourself? I work on my truck bike and do most of the work on my jetski.
Word, be a man and fix your own shit you wimps. How can you look at yourself in mirror after having another man work on your car?

Surprised this isn't a prostate massage thread

I do everything but transmission work unless its just a minor leak, Like replacing the transfer case gasket or the governer leaks. Transmissions can be tricky better take it to pro shop. Also the guy who talked about timing chains, yea that sucks donkey dick.

Working on cars is simple for the most part.

There is some work that u just cant do though without heavy equipment. Like if a wheel bearing goes out you need a press to take it out and put the new one in.

Changing tires, gl without a wheel machine and tire balancer.

Brakes are really simple too, although drum brakes can be a pain. Why pay 4 hours of labor for something I can do in 30 minutes especially if its just pads.

1.Jack up car
2.Remove wheel with impact gun lugs are usually 19 or 21mm
3.remove the 2 caliper bolts
4.insert new pads, they only go one way
5. reinstall

If your rotor is pitted theres a chance u can grind it smooth and not have to buy a new one. This would be the only time i'd consider taking my rotors into a shop and paying them to grind em smooth but hell new rotors are cheaper then the labor they charge you.

Changing oil is so easy even a woman could do it, but they don't because they're women.

If I had a new car, I would probably just take it in and let them do it. Its not that much extra money. But, since I dont own a new car, I do it myself, always have...

Oil
post-4148-14150824702835.jpg

Filter
b42b66f10c93764c1a26430ea77366bb.jpg

I wouldn't put a Fram on anything. I've seen more than one fail and suck the pleats into the motor.

I do everything but transmission work unless its just a minor leak, Like replacing the transfer case gasket or the governer leaks. Transmissions can be tricky better take it to pro shop. Also the guy who talked about timing chains, yea that sucks donkey dick.

Working on cars is simple for the most part.

There is some work that u just cant do though without heavy equipment. Like if a wheel bearing goes out you need a press to take it out and put the new one in.

Changing tires, gl without a wheel machine and tire balancer.

Brakes are really simple too, although drum brakes can be a pain. Why pay 4 hours of labor for something I can do in 30 minutes especially if its just pads.

1.Jack up car
2.Remove wheel with impact gun lugs are usually 19 or 21mm
3.remove the 2 caliper bolts
4.insert new pads, they only go one way
5. reinstall

If your rotor is pitted theres a chance u can grind it smooth and not have to buy a new one. This would be the only time i'd consider taking my rotors into a shop and paying them to grind em smooth but hell new rotors are cheaper then the labor they charge you.

I've gotten to the point now where if I'm doing pads or shoes I'm replacing the drums or rotors too. I get spring kits also on drums. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right.
Setting pinion lash is a mofo also, I can do it but hate it with a passion.

lol Jetski? That's poor talk.

Word, be a man and fix your own shit you wimps. How can you look at yourself in mirror after having another man work on your car?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, i'm sure Mayweather has so much trouble looking at himself in the mirror everyday.

Back