Change one aspect of a movie to make it better

giphy.gif

Easy. So you know movies with ryan goslin in them? I'd put any other fucking actor in them instead. Doesn't matter who, could be shia lebouf for all i care just take him out

Blair Witch Project - make it less boring and have something happen
Jaws - PETA jump in the forge, and get eaten
DKR - Have a kill scene with Bane, why kill him off screen?

Baywatch
alexandra daddario is completely nude the entire movie
@Cint

Law Abiding Citizen was on its way to being my favorite movie of 09 but that ending was straight shit. If Leonidas was allowed to blow up that whole court and Jamie Foxx along with it followed by a nice fade to black.......what a great movie. Instead no we are lead to believe that some lawyer hack outsmarted a genius/vengful trained killer

Agreed. An alternative would be Foxx finds the bomb but it turns out to be a decoy or something and the courthouse explodes. Foxx is enraged and just shoots Geralds character dead and ends up in prison himself.

Blade Runner - keep everything the same except change the romance scene between Decker and Rachel to get rid of the weird rapey vibe. Every time I watch the movie I cringe when he's telling her to tell him to 'kiss me' 'touch me' etc. Really off putting lol

the total recall remake.

rename it "commute to the center of the planet." its instantly not a shit show.

Tupac doesn't die at the end of All Eyez on me.

<mma1>

last of mohicans
instead of tying up the bad guy, then kill him and escape

Agreed. An alternative would be Foxx finds the bomb but it turns out to be a decoy or something and the courthouse explodes. Foxx is enraged and just shoots Geralds character dead and ends up in prison himself.

I can dig it. I feel like they went for the easy to digest Hollywood ending and it resulted in a subpar ending

Are you the other Alien 3 liker around here?
Indeed, that movie took balls. Ripley wakes up from her good dream with a rude awakening, right back to her Alien nightmare. I always liked the movie, even moreso since the assembled cut came out (or whatever they call it). It's just very atmospheric with good characters.

But as far as changes go, Ripley's "crud" line always felt cringey to me. Huh? So yeah, change that.

Put me in that camp. The first version had some pretty serious editing issues, but once they fixed that it's a really good finish to the trilogy.

I guess that brings us to the 4th one. What can be done to fix that? Firstly it shouldn't have had ripley in it because she fucking died in the 3rd one. If we're getting rid of her, you might as well recast pretty much the whole thing. Winona was crap and It had far too many cheesy b-movie actors. It should have been cast like Alien or Alien 3 - a mixture of good serious actors and unknowns. Maybe keep Brad Douriff and the prisoner who got the chestbuster who looked a bit like John Hurt.

Get rid of the space pirates and the cringy "cool" gun-play.

The plot should have been as follows. Weyland Yutani recreate the alien by scraping DNA out of the furnace from the last film. They have human test subjects on a spacestation - these are the good guys. Everyone else on the ship is a Weyland Yutani asshole. Aliens escape, all hell breaks loose, everyone dies except for one or two of the good guys.

Put me in that camp. The first version had some pretty serious editing issues, but once they fixed that it's a really good finish to the trilogy.

I guess that brings us to the 4th one. What can be done to fix that?

The plot should have been as follows. Weyland Yutani recreate the alien by scraping DNA out of the furnace from the last film. They have human test subjects on a spacestation - these are the good guys. Everyone else on the ship is a Weyland Yutani asshole. Aliens escape, all hell breaks loose, everyone dies except for one or two of the good guys.
I thought they were going to transition the franchise with Morse, the prisoner who looks like the prisoner who got the chestbuster who looked a bit like John Hurt (and his name was Leland Orser). Morse was the only survivor from Fury, and I envisioned him hooking up with a bounty/scrapper gang not unlike the BETTY's crew in RESURRECTION, whom I didn't mind although they were all pretty cute because, naturally, it was a Whedon script. There would be a female member or captain of the gang to serve as Nu-Ripley or veer toward a Hicks-esque dude.

I liked RESURRECTION all right okay, but it's two tastes that don't go great together: Whedon's American, nonchalantly millennial writing against JPJ's Frenchy overserious sensibilities. One needed to be sacrificed in favor of the other.

I guess that brings us to the 4th one. What can be done to fix that? Firstly it shouldn't have had ripley in it because she fucking died in the 3rd one.

Lol. I would say that's a good rule of thumb for casting sequels.

And just so you know, the 4th movie doesn't exist. Sorry to let you down.

Han Solo reboot- Cast this youngHarrisonFordlookalike instead that fucker they end up with
Anthony-Ingruber.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DKR- This 6'9 guy playing Bane
T8HOQdk.jpg

Rocky: Apollo Creed gives the title shot to Spider Rico and knocks him out in the first round.

First Blood: David Caruso defeats Rambo in hand to hand combat in the forest and brings him back in cuffs.

The Terminator: Arnold's fist bounces off Brian Thompson's stomach and into his own face, Josh Neer style, and he short circuits.

Terminator 2: Xander Berkley parries the T-1000's knife arm with his carton of milk. Knife arm goes into a power outlet in the wall and he short circuits.

Commando: Bill Paxton switches to another terminal and picks up Arnold's plane on the radar. Arnold and Rae Dawn Chong are shot down and the wreckage is never found.

Predator: Sven Thorsen dives out of the way as Arnold shoots, throws a knife and catches Arnold in the throat.

Red Heat: Sven Thorsen defeats Arnold in the naked fight in the snow and Arnold dies of hypothermia.

Conan the Barbarian: Sven Thorsen catches Arnold trying to kill the snake he raised from a tiny snakeling and bops Arnold on the head with his wooden mallet.

The Running Man: Sven Thorsen invites Arnold to score some steroids with him. Ben Richards is named 1980 Mr. Olympia champion.
:rustled:<{outtahere}>

You are now the proud owner of a magic typewriter.

With this device, you can rewrite any script for any movie, and the movie will magically change according to your rewrite.

Obviously the first thing you do is add graphic sex scenes for all the hot characters. But after you come, you start to focus on the actual quality of the movies.

At that point, what movies do you change and how?
Hayden-Panettiere-scream.jpg

Hayden Panettiere as Kirby survives the events of Scream 4. By 2011, Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson were already cans though.

ending of last jedi: it was all a dream

Not sure why I can’t give this a “like”, so take one anyways.

I would rewrite Wonder Woman 84 to not suck and make actual sense. That movie had the potential to be awesome, but it seems Patty Jenkins doesn’t write as good as she directs.

Back