Change My View: Nick Diaz will run through Lawler

If you jinx this I'm gonna find your ass
There's nothing to jinx, dude. Did you watch Lalwer's last 5 fights? His output has diminished, he's not engaging anymore. Meanwhile, Diaz bros are useless if nobody's coming right at them, they just stand there. So what do you expect here? Robbie to get mad at some taunts? Colby taunted him, nothing happened.

If anything, you goofs are jinxing this fight by expecting it to be good.

He might got in shape, but being away for so many years, not training for most of it, cant be any good, i got Lawler on this.

You put a real nice shine on a three fight losing a streak.

3 fight? You mean 2 right? After all Silva popped for multiple steroids in their tilt and it was changed to a no contest.

Predicting how a guy that haven't fought in 7 years and haven't won in 10 years are gonna performe. Yeah okay. Nick Diaz sucked 7 years ago, I don't see how he doesn't suck today.

That's all anyone is saying though. We haven't seen him, so his skills may have atrophied, but we don't know. That's what they mean when they say some variation of "but we haven't seen 'ol Diaz' in a decade".

The way I read it, you're agreeing and elaborating, not disagreeing.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing. We have no idea what kind of shape he will be in. My issue is with people talking about how he has been winless for a decade. It's a dumb slant. Being retired and out of the fight game has no relevance of when your last win was.

You want to say he was winless the last 3 years he competed? That's more accurate given he went 0-2-1 in that period.

Predicting how a guy that haven't fought in 7 years and haven't won in 10 years are gonna performe. Yeah okay. Nick Diaz sucked 7 years ago, I don't see how he doesn't suck today.

New to MMA I assume?

6 years ago he went 25 minutes with a juiced to the gills MW GOAT. Before that he went 25 minutes with the WW GOAT.

I don't think losing to the consensus two best guys in those two weight classes back to back indicates you suck...

You are correct based upon simple facts
Lawler: 43 fights including 8 fights since Nate Diaz fought Anderson Silva in 2015
Nate Diaz: 35 fights including zero fights since 01-31-2015

Lawler at his best was better than Diaz at his best, but Lawler currently seems well past his prime. Lawler has lost 5 out of his last 6 fights. Nate is past his prime, but he might not have degraded as much given the lesser wear and tear over the last 6 years. Since we've not seen him fight in a long time, we really have no way of knowing his current fight abilities. If I was Robbie, I would attack the lead leg since Diaz isn't one to normally check kicks, use kicks to control distance (push, front and oblique), stick and move and over the top counters when Nick is coming forward while throwing jabs.
You do know that Nate and Nick are not the same?

Don’t be a dick. He never sucked.

He was a top 5 WW.
He sounds like a typical 2020-2021 join date poster. Most of them have no understanding of MMA and think you are either the best ever or terrible and there is no in between and they like trash talking MMA fighters for some reason.

You are correct based upon simple facts
Lawler: 43 fights including 8 fights since Nate Diaz fought Anderson Silva in 2015
Nate Diaz: 35 fights including zero fights since 01-31-2015

Lawler at his best was better than Diaz at his best, but Lawler currently seems well past his prime. Lawler has lost 5 out of his last 6 fights. Nate is past his prime, but he might not have degraded as much given the lesser wear and tear over the last 6 years. Since we've not seen him fight in a long time, we really have no way of knowing his current fight abilities. If I was Robbie, I would attack the lead leg since Diaz isn't one to normally check kicks, use kicks to control distance (push, front and oblique), stick and move and over the top counters when Nick is coming forward while throwing jabs.

I don't agree that Lawler was the better fighter prime for prime. The only thing he had going for him that was better than Nick is that he has been better at stuffing takedowns, that's what won him the Hendricks fight. His fights with Rory his TDD played a factor as well. If Robbie would have stood and brawled with Nick like he did with Rory, he would have lost twice. Nick on the other hand is vastly better on the ground and overall a better striker.

Nick hasn't won a fight in 10 years, fought a fight in almost 7 years and he's seemingly spent the majority of his time off getting drunk and high.
Lawler is shot but he's at least been consistently training.

I just wonder how inactivity will affect Nick. He's been out for over 6 years and has 3 fights in the last 9 years. Robbie has dropped 4 in a row, but he's had some tough style match ups along the way. This one is gonna be the perfect style match up so I don't anticipate gun shy Robbie. And I think this fight will motivate Robbie considering the history.

I got Robbie Lawler by TKO mid rounds.
But Robbie has recently struggled with pressure fighters bc of his recent urge to just bob and weave all strikes coming his way. I think this will give the fight away to Nick, even if Nick also looks bad.

diaz will run thru some weed and look like an idiot similar to his last ass whipping from silva.

Lawler will probably beat him and retire.
But hopefully it's a good fight with some back and forth action.

I expect a close fight where both have their moments…..I think Nick will have a big 3rd round and win a split decision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back