Change My View: Nick Diaz will run through Lawler

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Fatback96, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Fatback96 Black Belt

Just to start, I am not a Diaz fanboy in any way. If anything, I’m more of a Lawler fan.

I believe Lawler has too many fight miles on him to be effective in stopping Nick’s pressure style.

As of recent, Lawler has looked somewhat gunshy and a bit too happy to sit against the cage and dodge punches without throwing back.

Not throwing back and only defending is a sign of fight miles and age catching up.

I believe Nick will be the fresher fighter on Saturday, considering he only has to deal with ring rust and age. He doesn’t have to deal with fight mileage at all, because he has always had somewhat lengthy layoffs in between fights, especially in his recent career.

2. Garnet_StrongerThanYou Black Belt

This is based on nothing.

We have no idea how Nick has aged.

Do you know him personally?

3. Small Town Andrew Brown Belt

Robbie is the kind of guy that falls in and out of love with MMA.

He mailed it in for the majority of his strikeforce run but got serious again when he came back to the UFC.

The past few years I think he has been collecting checks like he did in strikeforce not giving a shit if he won or lost.

I think he will be very motivated and train hard for this fight

4. gaffbyknees2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

*cue Tyrone

Fallin in and outta love wit chu Fallin in and outta love with chu!!

FATM, basedgodfedor, drummr and 19 others like this.
  5. whitebelt4life Purple Belt

Don't know how the fight will go but you think Nick doesn't have mileage you're crazy. He sounds terrible...CTE can get worse whether you fight or not.

r-harper-1 likes this.
  6. Fatback96 Black Belt

No where near as many miles on Nick.

7. zarboi White Belt

Exactly

8. jx820 Silver Belt

Nick is like a decade out from his last win. Picking him to run through anyone isn't based on anything demonstrable.

9. thehighking Silver Belt

Both fighters are past their prime but Robbie has been competing at a high level while Diaz has been out partying. I just can't see Nick having a good performance after 6 years away from the sport, being 6 years older and coming back from an alcohol problem.

10. R.N.J. Purple Belt

Nick sounded bad last year but he sounds better in recent interviews, he's speaking clearer imo.

werepig and SanJose90 like this.
  11. Kvothe_the_kingkiller Banned Banned

Well, since Diaz retired, Lawler has had ups and down, but went 10 rounds with RDA and Colby. Not well, but still.

"On" Diaz could light up "Zombie" Lawler like those 2 guys did. But we haven't seen that Diaz fight in almost a decade. We have no reason to believe today he can do what he used to. He might.

So who the fuck knows.

Throwing a bet on this fight is a true gamble. If you bet, do it for fun only.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    GBJohn likes this.
  12. Tweak896 Black Belt

I really would never bet on this fight, but if someone gave me a million dollars that I could only collect if I picked a winner, then I'd put it on Lawler. Diaz has been doing his triathlons and not just a total weed junkie like people portray him, and he's probably hungry for a win. But Diaz bros are content to take the L for fun and it's been so long since he's fought.

13. Kinku Brown Belt

This fight should had been five rounds. First round going be them warming up, specially for Nick

14. Boxingfan998 Purple Belt

"Only ring rust and age"?
    These things are massive.
    I see Lawler win by TKO rd 1 or 2.

15. Herwald Red Belt

I think Nick will just stand there. Robbie will bob and weave from a comfortable distance. Nothing will happen, except maybe Nick will taunt Robbie for a bit and talk shit about him at the presser.

Voodoo Dahl likes this.
  16. BFoe Gold Belt Platinum Member

This fight is 5 rounds.

17. Kinku Brown Belt

Oh I should had research I just assume since its undercard to two champion fights. That case I change my opinion and could be a good fight

PurpleStorm and BFoe like this.
  18. Franklin U. Steel Belt

I have no idea what's going to happen but I do like the choice of opponent by Nick. We all know Nick is getting paid....... he wins this ( oddsmakers have this as a flat out coin flip) and we'll see Nick again in a high profile ppv fight .

I'd think that Nick is in great shape ..... a life staple outside of fighting but I dont know. It's been awhile and not sure if this is a $$ thing or Nick REALLY looking to make some noise in a division that lacks depth.We know he has zero chance agsinst Karo but what about everyone else ? Theres probably a good 3 fighters outside champ thst whoops Nick but think about that - OR- Nick comes in, looks old and Lawler avenges ko.

19. ElLunico Brown Belt

I too think Diaz is going to batter Lawler. Especially if this goes past 3 rounds.

Lawler is damaged. Too many wars and years in the game.

Shotcy and Fatback96 like this.
  20. PokerandMMA Black Belt

Both fighters here are suffering regarding their age. A full training camp should be enough to get Nick ready regarding ring rust. It's not like he's forgot how to fight. I agree with you though, Lawler by tko rd 1 or 2.