Change My mind: Kamaru Usman pulled out of his fight with Gilbert Burns to be on a bigger card

MMAFAN2

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
-If UFC 251 really did 1.3M then Usman at least made between 5 to 8 millions at minimum since he has ppv points,are you going from that payday to fighting at UFC 256 which has no star power at all and you are the one carrying the card with burns? Probably will do 100k ppv buys so not even 15 percent of his last payday,Him and his manager know better

He is doing the Tyron Woodley tactics,he knows people don’t care about him,he is not a draw and if he isn’t fighting a draw,the next best option is to be on a massive card like woodley was doing when he was a champion

This guy used to fight 3-4 times a year and when he was on Rogan’s podcast,he talked about how he was in so much pain but he was always mentally strong and was overcoming pain from the same injuries he has now and he had to fight as many times to reach his goal for the belt
Does anyone really think Usman is that afraid of the matchup with Burns (that he was already preparing for him until burns got covid a week before UFC 251) who wasn’t even a top 10 lightweight and they trained together that he had to pull out 3 months before the event? He knows he will make a quick work of him,it’s just time for him to get paid and make a business decision

If diaz vs masvidal 2 was on UFC 256 like it was planned,he would have fought 100% and since it’s not happening,he said i’m out,neither masvidal or diaz would have accepted a co-main spot to usman anyway

i think he is planning and just waiting to be on one of the big fights next year like izzy vs jan,stipe vs ngannou,masvidal vs colby,Zhang vs Rose,maybe on of those 3 title fights cards

. . . Or his nasal x-ray didn't come back clean.
So he was ok to fight at ufc 256 when dana wanted to make diaz vs masvidal 2 to pump the card and now his nose isn’t okay?
Edit: actually we don’t know the real reason,ariel reported that ‘usman needs more time’ probably more time for a big ppv lol

Let the man make his money, he deserves top dollar for neutralizing everyone they put in front of him
But isn’t he probably the lowest draw in history to make a lot of money because of the ufc ppv model contract since he is a champion ? Lol

Obviously, any decent manager would advise him to do that, I would think.

-If UFC 251 really did 1.3M then Usman at least made between 5 to 8 millions at minimum since he has ppv points,are you going from that payday to fighting at UFC 256 which has no star power at all and you are the one carrying the card with burns? Probably will do 100k ppv buys so not even 15 percent of his last payday,Him and his manager know better

He is doing the Tyron Woodley tactics,he knows people don’t care about him,he is not a draw and if he isn’t fighting a draw,the next best option is to be on a massive card like woodley was doing when he was a champion

This guy used to fight 3-4 times a year and when he was on Rogan’s podcast,he talked about how he was in so much pain but he was always mentally strong and was overcoming pain from the same injuries he has now and he had to fight as many times to reach his goal for the belt
Does anyone really think Usman is that afraid of the matchup with Burns (that he was already preparing for him until burns got covid a week before UFC 251) who wasn’t even a top 10 lightweight and they trained together that he had to pull out 3 months before the event? He knows he will make a quick work of him,it’s just time for him to get paid and make a business decision

If diaz vs masvidal 2 was on UFC 256 like it was planned,he would have fought 100% and since it’s not happening,he said i’m out,neither masvidal or diaz would have accepted a co-main spot to usman anyway

i think he is planning and just waiting to be on one of the big fights next year like izzy vs jan,stipe vs ngannou,masvidal vs colby,Zhang vs Rose,maybe on of those 3 title fights cards

Of the cards you listed he might want to be on only Diaz vs Masvidal would do big numbers

I won't change your mind. You might be right on this one.

Hot piss period for Usman!
Need to get the hair supplements out of his system first!

UFC 256 had 2 other championship bouts.
With Usman on that card it would've been 3 total.
Why would he withdraw from that card if it wasn't injury related?

What if he gets placed on a card with Zhang Weili
Is he gonna withdraw from that card too?

UFC 256 had 2 other championship bouts.
With Usman on that card it would've been 3 total.
Why would he withdraw from that card if it wasn't injury related?

What if he gets placed on a card with Zhang Weili
Is he gonna withdraw from that card too?
Because that card doesn’t have any star power? It has good fights but it won’t sell any near close to ufc 251 for example

Would not be surprised. Never know how long you’ll be champ so might as well milk those PPV points.

hes going to regret it since khamzat will take burns spot after koing/submitting leon

Back