Social Change Is Brewing’: Ben & Jerry’s Indulges Democrat Cori Bush With New Social Justice Flavor

lol at those flavors to pander to the black community that would be like making bean flavored ice cream for mexicans or like yellow ice cream for asian people.

Last edited:
Ben & jerry’s created a new ice cream flavor that promotes legislation introduced by Democratic Rep. Cori Bush of Missouri, NBC News reported Monday.

The new limited-time flavor, called “Change Is Brewing,” consists of coffee ice cream, marshmallows, and fudge brownies, according to NBC News. The flavor is intended to promote Bush’s People’s Response Act, NBC News reported.

Jabari Paul, the company’s U.S. activism manager, announced the flavor at a press conference Monday. “The flavor supports the vision of the world in which every community is safe and everyone including Black and brown people can thrive,” he said at the conference.

The People’s Response Act would create a division within the Department of Health and Human Services in which about 50,000 first responders, who are not cops, would respond to mental health incidents, according to KMOV4.

Bush told NBC News the legislation would divert funds to “grassroots organizations already doing the work of keeping our communities safe, and creating alternative responses to 911 calls for mental health emergencies.”

“The People’s Response Act can and will transform public safety in our country. This is the future that we deserve — and Ben & Jerry’s support of this bill shows the momentum we have towards making it a reality,” Bush continued.

In 2020, Ben & Jerry’s partnered with Colin Kaepernick to create a nonfat frozen yogurt called “Change the Whirled” where proceeds funded his social justice organization called “Know Your Rights Camp.” In 2016, Ben & Jerry’s publicly supported Black Lives Matter in a blog post.

Despite consistently calling for defunding the police, Bush spent about $70,000 on private security, accordingto FEC records. Members of the progressive Democratic group called “the Squad,” which includes New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Missouri Rep. Cori Bush, also spent thousands on their own security.

This is why we kneel for some fire ice cream And if you don’t think the social justice flavor tastes good, you’re automatically a racist, bigot, homophobe, etc :D

The ice cream sounds good, which is my primary concern with an ice cream company. They also give you a FULL pint unlike Haagen-Dazs which skimps off 2 oz to save money on their end.

They make great ice cream, but I hate them and Vermont. That State is just filled with upnoxious (sic?) people. It’s like another San Francisco. Godzilla should take a good look at them.
*Obnoxious

They make great ice cream, but I hate them and Vermont. That State is just filled with upnoxious (sic?) people. It’s like another San Francisco. Godzilla should take a good look at them.
vermont is an extremely liberal state with a mostly white population. the biden govt should do them a favor and drop off a few thousand haitans in their neighborhoods

Fuck these clowns and their overpriced ice cream. I quit eating it when they supported a cop killer in philly and after about five years
Of no more stirring shit, I went back because they had some new flavors I wanted to try but that didn’t last long until they started running their traps about police and other matters. It’s only a matter of time before they come out with a black walnuts matter flavor

They had a flavor called "Jimmy Fallon" one time. I haven't trusted this brand since then, and this doesn't do much to alleviate my worry. Looks like it tastes like an unfounded superiority complex and a degree in gender studies

Back