Media Chang Sung Jung: "I can't remember the 3rd, 4th and 5th round"

He beat two overrated fighters (Edgar and Moicano) and started believing the hype. He has always been mediocre. Ortega should be embarrassed for not finishing him.

That's kind of my take on it too. Both were overly-cautious, IMO.

Ortega (at best) is a mediocre striker, but great jujitsu tactician.
Zombie (at best) is an above-average striker, but great inside banger.

So what we did was watch Ortega abandon what he's great at, jujitsu, and give a ho-hum counterpunching performance ... at the same time watching Zombie abandon what he's great at, banging, "advancing cautiously" throughout instead ... against the taller, ranger fighter.

The best thing I can say about this "fight" is that I didn't have to pay for it.

I mean you hear fighters say this a lot

It can obviously be contributed to taking brain trauma

But I think overlooked is simply the fact that a lot of the times when you are in the zone of something you are not going to have any real memory of it afterwards

War KZ. The damage and miles are really starting to add up. Hope he's healthy.

you guys are ugly as hell when you make these cte shitposts. CTE is a sad reality of the consequence of fighting but throwing it out like a meme is so gross.

especially because it isn't even correct here.

<{JustBleed}>

soo.....was he saying that if it was not because of spinning back elbow, the outcome would have been different.?

He was winning the second round till he got dropped, if it hadn’t of happened it would have been 1-1 going into the 3rd

Imagine if the last elbow landed.

I thought KZ was winning the 2nd round and then boom, the elbow. Wasn't the same afterwards. You could tell he wasn't really grasping his coach's instructions.

That's kind of my take on it too. Both were overly-cautious, IMO.

Ortega (at best) is a mediocre striker, but great jujitsu tactician.
Zombie (at best) is an above-average striker, but great inside banger.

So what we did was watch Ortega abandon what he's great at, jujitsu, and give a ho-hum counterpunching performance ... at the same time watching Zombie abandon what he's great at, banging, "advancing cautiously" throughout instead ... against the taller, ranger fighter.

The best thing I can say about this "fight" is that I didn't have to pay for it.

I think you are watching the wrong sport there bud...

Maybe tennis or cricket?

Gameplan was still trash
Must've been very confident he was going to win on the counter considering how low his output was the whole fight

You can't expect a guy to have worked the plan if he can't even remember fighting.

You can't expect a guy to have worked the plan if he can't even remember fighting.

Moreso I would say you can't expect him to change his gameplan if he's in that state.

I would imagine this is perhaps often the case with fighters getting beat up who stick to the same tactics to fans frustration, there not really in a fit state to be making tactical adjustments and are more just going with whats been drilled into them.

Fans should remember that fighters are generally very cautious about admitting to memory issues after a fight. Typically we hear something from a corner where they mention they don’t know what dropped them, or what round it is, but otherwise it’s a secret to how much or how little they are receding. Zombie has always been very honest about his losses, and equally open about the damage he has absorbed. He got crushed, but it’s happened to him before. People still mock him for losing to roop and that was a lifetime ago. I expect he will use this loss. We can speculate on why he looked so sluggish, but I think it’s better to just accept that there is a winner and a loser in every contest barring a draw, and zombie will get a reset opportunity. Ortega is the 2nd ranked fighter in the division, even with a lay-off he’s no slouch. Zombie was outclassed, but he’s still top 10.

Always on the Zombie camp because he's a good dude and entertaining to watch. Fuk all that toxic negativity.

Anyone got a GIF of the elbow? I thought his face was hit by the arm more so than the actual elbow which I thought hit him in the chest.

How could they gameplan for Ortega 2.0. The man was a completely new fighter. Zombie’s team was going in blind
Ortega still was shoulder rolling and open to right straights, exactly the same as the holloway fight
KZ just threw wide hooks with no set up

Yes but he fought nearly exactly the same pre and post elbow

Right. But if the plan was to feel Ortega out for two rounds while peppering him with leg kicks and then turning it up in 3, 4, and 5 that elbow in the second round put an end to "the plan".

Back