Media Chang Sung Jung: "I can't remember the 3rd, 4th and 5th round"

Reminds me of when he thought the Yair KO was 4 days prior when it was only the day before IIRC

He seems to have a few issues piling up, what with the eyesight too.

I can’t remember round 3,4,5. It’s strange to see myself fighting when I can’t remember a thing. Haha.
Well.. when you lose a fight, you need to figure out why you lost the fight… Brian mostly fights southpaw.. and our plan was to draw in opponents when they are southpaw.. But I was so stupid to get hit by that elbow. Ortega simply did an awesome job... And I am just ashamed of myself right now. Thank you all for supporting me still.

Hespect

No. No need to subtly accuse him of making excuses when he wasnt doing that at all.
Exactly, sometimes a fighter is simply stating a matter of fact with no excuses intended. They can't help the reality of the situation.

Gameplan was still trash
Must've been very confident he was going to win on the counter considering how low his output was the whole fight

How could they gameplan for Ortega 2.0. The man was a completely new fighter. Zombie’s team was going in blind

I don’t know what to think about KZ right now. He looked sluggish and unreactive to me from the opening bell. The commentators kept gushing about the fantastic new Ortega but to me, it was all about KZ not showing up at all. Not a good fight.

I appreciate him being honest about this as fighting is a brutal game.

The elbow probably gave him a serious concussion and just sticking it out through the end while fighting on instinct after is admirable.

Cactus Jack said he hit Sandman with a Iron Skillet,and Sandman doesnt remember the rest of the match at all. Cactus said Sandman's eyes were somewhere else,but got through the match on instinct.

Pretty clear that the spinning back elbow fucked him up. It was competitive until that point, then that just sent him to the shadow realm for the rest of the fight

I was and now his clearly showing signs of concussion. Hope they take care of him.

Reactions: HHJ
His game plan seemed to be based upon counter striking and denying takedowns, which he did pretty well but got out struck. You win some bad lose some just how the game goes. End of the day kz is still my boy win or lose

soo.....was he saying that if it was not because of spinning back elbow, the outcome would have been different.?
Maybe. Or maybe he should've adjusted.

Zombie did have a shitty training camp compared to ortgega because of covid protocol in states vs Korea.

That leg differential was considerable and made a huge diffference imo He moved very well too getting into and out of range pretty seamlessly and at will

Ortega's attacks were predicated by his kicks That shit hurt KZ and kept him off balance especially with Ortega being pretty sharp himself with the hands

if I'm totally honest he got outclassed last night Was a thorough ass kicking
All decisions should be that decisive

He got hurt early. Twice. No wonder he got a bit gun-shy later in the fight. Cormier was talking about how KZ needs a crowd to get going but that wasn't it at all; he was hesitant because he'd already gotten concussed.

He seemed out of himself for that fight. A lot of chance where KZ had Ortega against the cage and he didn't went to throw fight ending strikes. Even in the 4th and 5th where he knew he had to go for the KO but just was way too hesistant. That's not the Zombie I know.

Back