Chandlers future in MMA

It was known a while back that he wasn’t elite. He even looked less than impressive in his tenure at Bellator…

Pretty sure the only reason Dana White brought him over was so he could be a punching bag for up-and-coming prospects, and to make Bellator look bad.
Less than impressive in his Bellator tenure? He was a 3 time champ and the face of the promotion for a decade. It doesn't get much better than that.

Dariush or RDA are logical opponents for him. He still slept Hooker. Not an easy thing to do.

I thought Hooker was going to destroy Chandler then fell for the hype after so I'm not quite sure how good he is at this point.

I DONT CARE!!!!! bellators best got smashed by ufc mid guy
He was Bellators best a few years ago but he wasn't when he left. Pitbull is the best Bellator has at Featherweight & lightweight at the moment. Chandler had a great run in Bellator but it wasn't like he left with the belt.

OP created like 10 hating threads about Chandler. He got destroyed and went silent in all of them so far

Pitbull >>>>>> Oliveira

Now cry shill, go to kindergarten where you belong

Reactions: G10
lmao he is elite and lost a fight to another elite fighter.

OP created like 10 hating threads about Chandler. He got destroyed and went silent in all of them so far

Pitbull >>>>>> Oliveira

Now cry shill, go to kindergarten where you belong
Nice yellow bellabum fanboy

I wouldnt call almost getting it done in the first "absolutely destroyed", both had their moments in that round and pretty sure most judges if not all would had given it to him.

He can still be champ, win some lose some.

Reactions: G10
I wouldnt call almost getting it done in the first "absolutely destroyed", both had their moments in that round and pretty sure most judges if not all would had given it to him.

He can still be champ, win some lose some.
He will never be a champ

No, this was on Poirier. With Chandler’s wins and champ history, I think he should’ve needed 2 fights to get a title shot. One over Hooker, followed by a win over someone in the Top 5. The title fight should’ve been Poirier-Oliveira, with Chandler behind them. But Poirier chose to fight Conor again. With that choice made, Oliveira-Chandler was the correct fight to make.
Dana could have had a “white, All American champ” (if he even wanted that) with Poirier as well, could he not?

Dustin is more of a Frenchie.

I found it,
deeply inside you, you like him !
You just can't admit it !
Do not worry though ,
it's nothing serious !

I really want to see him fight gaejthe. I will say of the two Chandlers seem more of a glass cannon so I favor gaethje.

I hate undeserved title-shots just as much as the next guy, but Chandler's was far from the worst. True, beating Dan Hooker shouldn't have qualified for the title, but who else wanted it? Poirier chose to fight Conor for money, Tony was coming off a loss to Do Bronx, and Gaethje is doing who-knows-what right now, and he doesn't seem very vocal about fighting atm. Chandler had a look, a name, and a recent win over a top 10 guy. Even though he got KOed, he acquitted himself well and I think shows he belongs in the top 10 of the LW rankings.

As for an answer to TS's question, I think the UFC will most likely give Chandler another opportunity for a quick turn-around to a title fight. If I had to guess, it'll be Dariush. The winner of that fight will challenge for the belt after the Conor/Poirier winner fights Oliveira. If Gaethje comes back and wants to fight again, I can see the UFC matching those two up as well for the same purpose. If Chandler comes up short in any of those fights, I think he'll just decide to take fun fights.

These threads are hilarious. If the ref stops it in the first then Chandler is the GOAT and the real reason Khabib retired because he’s afraid to fight such a good wrestler with power. MMA fans are the most fickle in all of sports.

I think it won't be long before Dana White push him out of the UFC,

Another loss will be a possibility for that.

Back