Chandler

Gaethje and Oliveira could step in too. I don't know why Chandler is getting singled out.

Oliveira is probably in Brazil at the moment, it's a little too unrealistic to expect any fighter from outside the U.S to step in this late.

I don't think the UFC wants that fight. RDA isn't a draw any longer and is way past prime.

They are going to try and build up Chandler with a high profile fight against one of the top guys. If he wins, he gets a title shot, if he loses, Dana throws him to the wolves like he has every other Bellator acquisition.

I suspect Chandler would willingly fight anyone but he may not have a lot of control over who his initial opponents are.

Chandler cuts too much weight to take a fight on such short notice, especially since he just did a cut and weighed in 2 weeks ago in Abu Dhabi as the replacement for Khabib and Gaethje.

Too soon for any LW, most wouldnt even make weight.

Seems fairly obvious he should step in and fight RDA, no? His last win was 2020 Benson f***ing Henderson, even this version of RDA is an appropriate fight to make after that. A late notice main event so 3 rounds between these guys would be fun.

Depending on the fight outcome, then we may able to take Chandler in the UFC title picture seriously. People are salty at him for immediately coming in and being in the picture so this is good for him and fans.
Makes no sense. Allow this dude to have a camp to prepare for the right opponent.

Damn! he card wasn't so great before, now the main card has only three matches!

Back