Chandler would put up a better fight against Khabib

ShowYouRoll

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib is highly unlikely to crack Chandlers glass jaw, but on the ground I think Chandlers explosiveness would fair better against Oliveira, who will be wriggling and trying to scramble far to much

Oliveira is reckless, Khabib would take him down with ease. The threat of the take down would keep Oliveira second guessing his striking, so its unlikely he would crack him.

I think Oliveira would gas himself quicker than Chandler once on the ground with Khabib on top, imposing the smesh

They both get dominated. Khabib is unorthdox in his movements. He's not giving them the same look consistently, its herky jerky, tough to read mixed with takedowns. they get dominated.

Khabib is one of the best at distance management.

Khabib wouldn't get touched here

Charles doesn’t care about no takedown threat. He welcomes takedowns. He wouldn’t be scared and over reactive to the level change/ level change feint. Chandler would.

Further, Charles will be pressuring khabib unlike gaethje or Dustin for example

Can we stop talking about retired fighters already? Enough of these guesses and theoretical this and that.

Khabib respect. He is retired.

I think Khabib could stand with Chandler and not get hit flush enough to be hurt. He's also got a very good jab. It's not easy to stand with fighters who have quick and accurate jabs

Khabib's distance management on the feet is very good, it's improved a lot since the Michael Johnson fight

They both get dominated. Khabib is unorthdox in his movements. He's not giving them the same look consistently, its herky jerky, tough to read mixed with takedowns. they get dominated.

Khabib is one of the best at distance management.

Khabib wouldn't get touched here

Did you say Khabib is one of the best at distance management and wouldn't get touched?
I think khabib would win too buddy but that's just not in line with his skillset or career at all. Let's not make the man into a myth... let's appreciate the legend.

Did you say Khabib is one of the best at distance management and wouldn't get touched?
I think khabib would win too buddy but that's just not in line with his skillset or career at all. Let's not make the man into a myth... let's appreciate the legend.
No, he wouldn't get touched there at least not cleanly. He has one of the best striking differentials in LW history, second only to Islam who has not been against any top opponents yet. All the strikers talk about how hard he is to hit clean, minus gaethje. Gaethje hit him clean but he went full pressure.

he has a very effective jab, great at finding range. I know you don't believe it or see it because he's herky jerky.

Charles doesn’t care about no takedown threat. He welcomes takedowns. He wouldn’t be scared and over reactive to the level change/ level change feint. Chandler would.

Same can be said about Tony in regards to not caring about being taken down, and look how easy it was for Dariush to keep on top, so imagine Khabib.

We know Oliveira is better on the ground than Tony, we saw that. But the difference was massive, and the difference between Dariush and Khabib being on top, is far greater than the difference between Oliveira and Tony. So I can confidently say Khabib would pin the pair of them with ease.

So if either of them were reckless enough to welcome Khabibs take, to risk trying to jaw him, they would pay, and if it it went into the second, you can guarantee they wouldn't be welcoming the take down again, and close up on the striking in favour of defending the take down.

nobody can do worse then gaethje did

Unlike Justin Chandler can survive on the ground.
True, but only by exploding out. You see his wrestling IQ yesterday was far to high comapred to his Jiu Jitsu, he gave the back with ease. Khabib would find so many holes in him

Charles and his skinny frame “Khabib is just laughable.

Chandler chances of beating Khabib are better, he could land some wild KO shot. Frankly, that’s the only way Khabib tastes defeat.

Charles has a dangerous offensive game on the ground. Chandler would just try to escape and Khabib would immediately put him back down. He would have no energy in the second round and gets finished.

Who is this Khabib guy? He's not even ranked

<NFLDez1>

Chand will learn from this. He will be back

Charles and his skinny frame “pressuring” Khabib is just laughable.
Khabib would snap him like chicken, even with his skinny frame, no way he can wriggle and try and scramble out, that will be the worse thing he could do.

I think people underestimate not only Khabibs control, but also his pressure. I am sure once fighters feel it, they know they cannot move, no matter how much they try. So they just accept the position and try to survive.

No, he wouldn't get touched there at least not cleanly. He has one of the best striking differentials in LW history, second only to Islam who has not been against any top opponents yet. All the strikers talk about how hard he is to hit clean, minus gaethje. Gaethje hit him clean but he went full pressure.

he has a very effective jab, great at finding range. I know you don't believe it or see it because he's herky jerky.
Khabib stand up improved but it's not even close to top 10 in his division. You have to take into account the control time or fear of shot when you're looking at his numbers. His striking isn't just herky jerky it's rudimentary.

Back