Chandler Will Never get Close to Title Shot Again.

He squandered his free pass to a title shot. He had the easiest path to the title in history and couldn't win it. I think his fucked now he can't avoid the shark tank of Gaethje and Poirier anymore. I think even Conor has a good shot against him, he likes fighters like Chandler who have big overhand rights and over extend to give Conor easy counters.

He's the Chad Mendes of LW
Nice comparison!

AyYY94A.gif

Chin was exposed a long time ago. fucking Brett Primus TKO him and Will Brooks. Unless he ditchs Hooft as a striking coach and fixes his cardio he won't improve; LW in the UFC is stacked and being chinny against Mcg or dustin is suicide. I said here that Chandler might had some advantage against Mcg but after his loss i think Mcg will have another Alvarez type of performance if he fights the current Chandler.

Classic sherdog. Anybody that even struggled en route to a win against him is a bum because he's such garbage.

but look at Chandler's losses before his fight with Oliveira. He can improve but if he keeps that style and his lack of cardio he won't reach far in LW. that division is damn stacked, filled with really good guys.

I don’t think he will be champ in the UFC.

Chin has been exposed which everyone is talking about.

But what nobody is talking about is that he becomes a fish out of water when you walk him down.

Chandler is most dangerous when your backing up but when you back him up he becomes a pussy cat.

You realise he was like two more punches away from wining in the first round as he predicted pre match...

All he had to do was back out the second time he hurt Oliveira and keep the fight standing and he would be champion right now...

Props to Oliveira for surviving and pulling off the champion worthy comeback...

But lets not kid ourselves that had Chandler stayed standing and didn't follow Charles to the ground in the first...he doesnt win that fight...

He absolutely does...small tactical error by chandler cost him that fight...not his chin

Chandler should have soccer kicked Charles’ ribs when he was down on his fours. Dumb move trying to punch the sides of Charles’ head.

Chandler is most dangerous if the other guys stands still, right in front of him. Then he lands a bomb.

The problem is, Porrier, McGregor, Justin, don't stand still. They move around a lot and have more height/reach than Chandler.

Too early to say that, remember when Eddie Alvarez just arrived in the UFC?
Cowboy welcome him with a loss, then he became a champion after that fight.

Pretty sure he will with his Dana White privilege.

He has that power which will make him dangerous for everyone at lw but maybe a drop to fw is in order. He looked undersized in there

Chandler was rushed too quickly. Shoulda fought a few more fights before going for the title

Forget countering, he's not defensively sound backing up

I haven't watched a ton of Chandler fights, very good eye picking up on it before the fight

I don't see Chandler benefiting from switching style personally, with Gaethje I think you could argue he was always best suited to being a slower more methodical fighter and avoiding being drawn into aggressive brawling worked for him. Chandler though I think being an aggerssive front foot fighter plays to what he does best.

What comes to mind for me is Arlovski, yes being aggressive meant he was KOed by Sylvia and Fedor but not being aggressive was worse because it didnt play to his strenghts, not so good backing up, not so good in prolonged cagey fights. Givjng up on your strenght because it has risks involved in it rarely works well in MMA.

Really lets be honest as well this wasnt a bad showing against Oliveria, were seeing Sherdogs obsession with claiming the winner of a fight is perfect and the loser is utterly worthless. He hurt him badly twice in the first round, escaped a bad position on the ground before getting hurt himself.

I suspect his stock hasnt gone down THAT much with Dana, I would not be supprised if he was getting another title fight relatively soon should he pull off another big KO or two.

I don't see Chandler benefiting from switching style personally, with Gaethje I think you could argue he was always best suited to being a slower more methodical fighter and avoiding being drawn into aggressive brawling worked for him. Chandler though I think being an aggerssive front foot fighter plays to what he does best.

What comes to mind for me is Arlovski, yes being aggressive meant he was KOed by Sylvia and Fedor but not being aggressive was worse because it didnt play to his strenghts, not so good backing up, not so good in prolonged cagey fights. Givjng up on your strenght because it has risks involved in it rarely works well in MMA.

Really lets be honest as well this wasnt a bad showing against Oliveria, were seeing Sherdogs obsession with claiming the winner of a fight is perfect and the loser is utterly worthless. He hurt him badly twice in the first round, escaped a bad position on the ground before getting hurt himself.

I suspect his stock hasnt gone down THAT much with Dana, I would not be supprised if he was getting another title fight relatively soon should he pull off another big KO or two.
I don't think he needs to switch his style, I do think he was too comfortable in the 2nd rnd, I think he felt invincible after the 1st and wasn't cautious enough

To me Chandler looked better the majority of the fight, he just got caught, and had critical, low fight iq moments that really cost him

If he gets another KO or 2 he's right there, he better go quick though because he's getting old

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back