Chandler Will Never get Close to Title Shot Again.

Chin has been exposed which everyone is talking about.

But what nobody is talking about is that he becomes a fish out of water when you walk him down.

Chandler is most dangerous when your backing up but when you back him up he becomes a pussy cat.

Yes. He looked like a pussycat when he had Oliveira in trouble in the first round. And Oliveira has never been taken out by TKO right?

Lol, there's a lot of sad former Conor fanboy's, that had their newest hypetrain derailed last night, in this thread.
<DCrying>

....<Dany07>

He is 35. Doesn’t have a lot of time left. He will start declining soon
Yeah any fight now he'll fall off

I didn't realize he was 35, I thought he was 32

I feel so bad for these guys because they build their brand for 10 or 15 years, and when their brand peaks and it's the biggest, they get old and start losing

Tony got a huge pop from the crowd, he wasn't that well known or loved 3 years ago. Chandler has exploded in popularity since KOing Hooker, now he has 2 or 3 more fights before he starts to slow down.

But what nobody is talking about is that he becomes a fish out of water when you walk him down.
I've been talking about it since the lead up to the fight. If you throw combinations at chandler, he doesn't have the ability to counter with variety. His hand speed is rather slow in combinations. Goiti backed him up with one kick. If goiti was a combination fighter, he finishes chandler, but he's not.

the little standup goiti got to show was still enough to outclass chandler on the feet.

He's going to deflate in the next 12 months, lose that explosive power and will lose to anyone in the top 10.

I've been talking about it since the lead up to the fight. If you throw combinations at chandler, he doesn't have the ability to counter with variety. His hand speed is rather slow in combinations. Goiti backed him up with one kick. If goiti was a combination fighter, he finishes chandler, but he's not.

the little standup goiti got to show was still enough to outclass chandler on the feet.

Forget countering, he's not defensively sound backing up

I haven't watched a ton of Chandler fights, very good eye picking up on it before the fight

He's going to deflate in the next 12 months, lose that explosive power and will lose to anyone in the top 10.
he's been under usada since october of 2020. I think he'll still retain that physique. I don't think he's a cheater. Otherwise, he'd be more worried about EPO than muscles. He's a guy who relies on his explosiveness. I'm not sure bulking up would be smart for his fighting style.

2 TKO losses (not counting the Primus loss) and he's got a terrible chin? It might be true, but to claim it is a bit of a stretch.

Primus exposed Chandler's ankle. You need ankles of granite to be elite. Chandler has those glass ankles.

Forget countering, he's not defensively sound backing up

I haven't watched a ton of Chandler fights, very good eye picking up on it before the fight
Yes, straight lines only. Back and forward. He wrestle fucked goiti but it was something I picked up going back and watching some of his fights.

Here's the video where I thought if charles had him in the same spot, charles is fucking him up. Look at the hand/footspeed speed and combinations

My main concern for him is that certain guys who have been wresting since they were 5 seem to keep their hands down in scrambles like you do in a wrestling stance and get clipped all the time because of it. They have been doing it so long that it seems impossible to break for some of them.

Chandler impressed me with his sub defense and his explosion to get up. He probably could have ended the fight had he forced the standup. That being said not sure how good his chin is and if it will hold up against the elite guys. Chandler was certainly not totally outclassed and I think he is a pretty exciting fighter. It will be interesting to see who he fights next.

he's been under usada since october of 2020. I think he'll still retain that physique. I don't think he's a cheater. Otherwise, he'd be more worried about EPO than muscles. He's a guy who relies on his explosiveness. I'm not sure bulking up would be smart for his fighting style.

That's only 8 months out. You don't lose all your juices just like that. Also, who's to say he isn't juicing still? The man has a physique of a greek god, explosiveness, and power of someone 20lbs heavier than him. Highly suspect. This guy likely been juicing since his wrestling days.

Back